Chapter 11

A Police van pulled up at L&J Chicken and Yogurt. Lucia and her family were also witnesses to the incident at the factory so with the survivor down and Diego putting pressure on the Police, they had to be questioned.

"Good day officers" Lucia said.

"Good day madam" the investigator responded.

"How can we help you?" James asked, walking out of the kitchen.

"We have some questions to ask about the blast that happened here few days ago" the investigator said.

"Oh, ask us anything we saw the incident ourselves" James said.

"Well, what we are really concerned about is the high schooler the late survivor mentioned" he said.

"Late survivor?" Lucia asked.

"Yes, Sheldon Yale. The man who survived the blast died from Respiratory issues the day before yesterday" he said.

"But he was fine! We rescued him and the security guard because they weren't inside but by the gate so how could his respiratory tract be blocked when he didn't inhale any smoke?" James asked.

"Wait, are you telling me the deceased never inhaled any smoke and was never in the building?" the investigator asked.

"Yes" James replied.

"Okay, it's too bad he's dead but we are here to know about the high school girl. Did you see any student pass by here on that?" The investigator asked.

"Perhaps to buy some paper?" He asked.

"Yes, my Niece came by here to get some paper" Lucia said.

James hit her slightly. He was getting all nervous. They were going after a high schooler and Keres was a high school. One who went into the building.

"Um...., But she isn't a bad person. We guarantee that" Lucia said.

"This niece of yours, where are her parents?" He asked.

"They all died, even her sister" she said.

"Died? Did she perhaps go missing for some time?" He asked.

"No. She buried her parents all by herself" James lied, seeing where they were headed.

"Okay, how can we get in touch with her?" He asked.

"We can ask her to come by but it's a Saturday and she has lots if homework to do but you can come tomorrow" Lucia said.

"We shall. Thank you again for your time" he said and walked out.

"You should never have said that Freddie and Susan died!" James scolded Lucia as the Police officers left.

"What was I supposed to do? Lie?" She asked.

"Yes. Didn't you read the news? The survivor who they said is dead told the Cops that the school girl he saw said her Mom, Dad and sister died. And you told them Maeve's family died" he said.

"What are you saying? That Maeve caused the blast that killed hundreds of workers in the factory? Don't be a comedian" she said and walked to a table to clear the leftovers.

"What if she was the one? Mind you, after she got back from the factory the blast happened and she said we should let them burn when we tried to help" He said.

"She only said that because she found out Diego Enterprise owned the building and she lost her family because of them. She's just an innocent little girl who was kidnapped when she was ten and lost her parents. I'm so disappointed in you" she said.