Chapter 12

The eating contest was postponed to the next day because no one expected to have lunch at nine in the morning. The bets were not enough and Henry wasn't going to compete for mere change.

Lunch was a rather short and boring one for the students as they walked out of the cafeteria grumbling to themselves while Sally stayed put on her bench.

"Are you okay?" Nikolay asked.

She had been acting weird since she got to school.

"Yeah, I feel good" she said, smiling sheepishly.

"Let's get back to class" he said.

"Ah! I hate Ian!" She yelled, throwing her head backwards.

"How can he question her decision to cover up our tracks?" She asked.

"Who are you talking about? What tracks?" He asked.

"Shut up! I'm not done" she hit him across the face.

"Ouch!" He winced.

"Are you high? What did you drink?" He asked, looking into her tea cup.

"You.... you look handsome" she said, winking at him.

Nikolay couldn't help but smile at her cuteness.

"Nikolay..." She called.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Do you want to kiss me?" She asked.

"Huh?"

"In this world, I've been to places you've never been to and I can tell when a guy wants to kiss a girl. So I know that you.... right now. You want to kiss me" she said.

"You're sick, let's get you to the infirmary. I don't know what you drank" he said, trying to pull her up.

"Oh, look at you playing hard to get" she laughed.

"After you asked if Ian and I slept in the same room. You think I don't know what you meant?" She asked, trying to get up.

She nearly fell but he caught her just in time by the waist.

"See? You find me attractive, don't you?" She asked.

Nikolay was speechless.

"Yes, I find you attractive" he said finally.

"Fine! Since I'm in a good mood, I'll let you kiss me. But just one kiss and you can't tell anyone about it, okay?" She said.

"If you tell anyone we'll be in trouble. Here I go!" She said and kissed him.

He stood there fixed to the spot. After a minute of lip smooching she fell on the floor and began mumbling words he didn't understand.

"What just happened?" He asked himself.

"Nikolay Diego what are you doing here?" Mrs. Andre walked in with some Police officers.

"Um.... Sally's sick" he said, bending over to lift her up.

"We are testing students for drugs, cooperate with us" a Police officer said.

"Why?" He asked as his other classmates walked in through the door.

"We got a lead that a student in this school purchased hard drugs, we're only here to..." The Officer stopped when he saw Sally.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked, walking towards her.