Chapter 23

Orlando and the rest had mounted road blocks on the main road leading to the court house. They thought if Keres was going to try and get Diego she would do it when he was on his way to the courthouse and that was going to be their perfect time to strike.

But she had Grace cornered and knew of all their plans. The Van taking Diego to the courthouse was going through Fredrick Estate while they announced that they were going through the main road.

"Why isn't she here yet?" Orlando asked.

"Relax, maybe she's just trying to stall" Ian said, getting down from the car.

"Stall?"

"It's already 11.25 am and you say she's trying to stall?" Orlando asked.

"She wouldn't possibly be waiting in front of the courthouse would she?" Nikolay asked.

"That place is heavily guarded, I don't think so" Ian said.

"Why don't you call the officers taking Diego there if they have gotten to the courthouse"

"You never know, she might have just changed her mind about this revenge thing" Ian said.

"Or maybe Maeve's in control" Nikolay chipped in.

"Hardly doubt that" Ian said as Orlando looked from one of them to the other.

"Why are you boys even here?" He asked.

"What kind of out of the blue question is that?" Nikolay asked.

"Instead of being at school why are you here in the middle of the road trying to stop a psychotic girl who's out to reek havoc and who by the way doesn't care about anyone of you?" Orlando rephrased.

"Obviously I have a very good reason" Nikolay said.

"And what might that be?" Orlando asked, arms crossed.

"My Dad. I'm trying to stop her from killing my Dad" Nikolay said.

"The same Dad you don't speak to huh?" Ian asked, laughing.

"And what about you? Why are you here?!" Nikolay asked him.

"Well, Keres' a friend of mine and we even shared the same room and all that so I don't want her to do something she would regret later on and besides I want to help her get treatment" Ian replied.

"Why are you suddenly bringing up the story of how you two shared a room?" Nikolay asked angrily.

"That's a fact" Ian said.

"Oh yeah, and not because you like her?!" Nikolay asked.

"And what about you? Aren't you using your Dad as an excuse too because you like her?!" Ian asked.

"Cut it out!" Orlando shouted, tired of the drama.

"Why ask in the first place?" Ian said, leaning on the car.

"So, aren't you going to call the officers?" Nikolay asked.

"Right" Orlando said, taking out his phone.

"It's their voicemail" he said after trying to call severally.

"So what now? Call the courthouse to make sure they got there okay" Ian said.

"Yes, this is Detective Orlando calling from North Valley CIS" he said as soon as the call went through.

Ian and Nikolay exchanged excited looks as he began to speak into the phone.

"Has the inmate Diego Lukeman arrived at the courthouse?" He asked.

"No Sir, the presiding judge and the jury are all waiting. When will he get here?" The secretary asked.