Epilogue

the words rung through your mind like a loud doorbell being pressed over and over again.

"the sword!" you finally shouted at harry, who nodded in agreement.

your heart was pounding as the boy took off. draco had grabbed your hand, running you away from the dangers.

"draco- i cannot leave my brother!" you said, much to his dismay.

"potter has it covered, okay? i just need to keep you safe."

the school was destroyed as you jumped over rubble, seeing your mother fighting bellatrix off in the great hall. your anxiety was raised to levels it had never been before, and after the loss of your brother, you didn't have rational thoughts.

"y/n!" your twin called out, running with hermione as nagini followed closely behind them. you and draco both pulled out your wands, spells casting left and right.

but it was useless, and you felt like your world slowed as you prepared yourself to lose your twin. except when you closed your eyes, they snapped open by themselves as if making you watch, and you saw neville cut nagini with the sword of godric gryffindor.

your jaw dropped as draco held you tight, grey smoke rising from above as every single horcrux had been broken.

you fell to your knees, hugging ron and hermione tightly as you all sobbed.

"did i just do that?" neville breathed out, making you laugh through your tears. and something none of you would ever expect, is when draco patted neville on the back in a friendly manner with a smile on his face.

your boyfriend smiled down at you, holding out his hand as you took it graciously. and it seemed that when your skin collided, a peace went over the world, and everything would be okay.

with draco on your side with your brother and hermione behind you, you all approached the great hall to see your family grouped together. you walked over, your lip trembling as you're met with the reality that your older has left you, joining your ancestors in the afterlife.

and as you stood in a tight hug with your family, you all realized that when you lose someone, you gain someone else. and molly pulled draco into the hug, holding him tight as she obtained a new son.

-

the journey home was quiet, everyone too shocked to speak. but with the additions of harry, hermione, and draco, the house was never filled with silence.

you ventured into your room, getting ready to collect your belongings to start something new with draco.

you needed an escape, and now that voldemort was officially gone, you could finally live happily and safely with the love of your life.

you opened your drawer to find a letter addressed to your name. furrowing your brows, you sat on your twin bed as you opened it carefully.

dear my little sister, y/n,

i'm writing in hopes that you'll never have the chance to read it, but with everything that is going on, there may be a chance. when we found out mum was pregnant with twins, i remember all of us going "again?" but then you came out, and it was so special seeing you grow into yourself. from being this shy little girl who could never speak to a boy without getting flustered, to a woman who was never scared to speak her mind or do what's right. the first girl in the family, to the strongest one of us all. it's admirable, really (even though i would never admit that to your face).

you laughed, a tear rolling down your cheek as you continued to read.

but just getting to hang out with you, play jokes with you, and grow with you was something i wish anyone could have gotten the chance to do. you were a pain in the arse sometimes, especially when you reached your teenage years, but you never lost yourself. and that's something a lot of people can't say, except me, of course. you helped georgie and i achieve our dreams of the joke shop, despite mum saying it will never work. you never gave up on us, and for that i will forever be grateful. i'm going to need you to help george run the store in case something happens to me. don't let him fall too deep, he deserves to be happy. as do you, y/n. you deserve to feel happiness in the way you made me feel happiness. take care of everyone for me, and i love you.

your brother,

fred

your smile never faded as you read out the last of the letter, tears cascading down your face as you bit your lip.

19 years later

you popped the collar of your son's shirt as you stood on platform 9 3/4, feeling your son's nerves radiating off of him.

"you will do great things, scorpius." you hugged the boy tightly. the train horn sounded as scorpius pulled away, hugging his father.

"we love you, son." you and draco kissed the top of his head, seeing his smile as he met with his cousins and got on the train.

draco placed his hand on your back, pulling you into him as you sighed.

"remember when that was us?" he said, a grin on his face as his silver eyes stared at you. he looked at you in admiration, like he did all those years ago.

"don't make me feel so old," you joked. you bumped your hip into his, feeling him press a kiss to your temple.

"let's get outta here, yeah?"

you nodded reluctantly, watching the train leave the station. with a heavy heart, but big smile on your face, you finally felt the same you had 25 years ago, standing on the same platform.

the end

authors note: i just want to say thank you to everyone for being with me through this journey. for new readers or old ones, i cannot express enough the joy you guys have put me through just by supporting my writing. i apologize for making you wait so long for this chapter, but i didn't want to half ass anything because you guys don't deserve that. i've moved over to tumblr, my username is simpforboys!! but holy fuck, 100 chapters? i'm surprised i even made it this far to be honest, but i couldn't have done any of it without you guys reading and engaging in my novel. i started this back in 2020, and now here i am to finish it out 3 years later in 2023. it's been a long ride, and like i said, you guys are the reason.

i love each and every one of you dearly, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you. i love you.

- c ♡