6

after the feast (Y/N) made her way up to the Gryffindor tower, only for a large crowd to be surrounding the portrait hole. "what's going on?" she asked Dean, who only shrugged.

"get Professor Dumbledore now." she heard Percy say.

moments later, Dumbledore came down the steps. his face dropped, and he searched the paintings for the Fat Lady. he ran over to her.

"dear Lady, who did this to you?"

"eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. it's him, Headmaster. the one they all talk about. he's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!"

(Y/N) felt her stomach drop. Dumbledore announced everyone was sleeping in the Great Hall, and told them to make their way over there.

the Gryffindors joined the other houses in the Great Hall, everyone grabbing a sleeping bag. (Y/N) walked over to a corner, and smiled at Parvati, Ginny, and Cho as they walked over to where the ginger was.

Ginny immediately curled up to (Y/N), the poor girl shaking in fear.

the girls finally fell asleep around two in the morning, waking up bright and early as the sun shown through the windows.

(Y/N) got up tiredly, bags under her eyes as she followed her housemates to the common room to get ready for class.

a hour later, (Y/N) walked to Defense Against the Dark Arts with Ron and Harry. the three made small talk, Ron sitting next to Bem and (Y/N) sitting next to Harry.

she rolled her eyes when she saw Malfoy sit at the table next to them. before she could give him a snarky remark, Snape came in through the door and shut all the windows. he pulled down the projector, turning to the class.

"turn to page 394." he said coldly.

"werewolves?" Ron asked from next to them.

"but, sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. we're not meant to start that for weeks." Hermione said from behind.

"quiet." Snape snapped.

"now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf? no one? how disappointing." Snape ignored Hermione's hand.

"please, sir. an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. a werewolf has no choice. with each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. he'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of it's own." Hermione explained.

Draco howled, his friends laughing.

"thank you, Mr Malfoy. that's the second time you've spoken out of turn Miss Granger. are you incapable of restraining yourself.. or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Professor, you asked a question and got mad when she answered it!" Ron snapped.

"ten points from Gryffindor. as an antidote for your ignorance, and on my desk by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis on recognizing it."

"sir, it's Quidditch tomorrow."

"then i suggest you take extra care, Mr Potter."

Snape's voice got drowned out as (Y/N) saw a piece of parchment come flying towards her in the shape of a swan. she grabbed it, opening it to reveal a drawing of herself crying.

she crumpled it up and glanced at Malfoy. he raised his eyebrows at her. she looked at Snape to make sure he wasn't looking, and threw the parchment at him (which hit him in the forehead.)