58

warning: smut

a few days later (y/n) sat with her head in her hands at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. she avoided the food in front of her, hearing Ron smacking his lips as he ate.

"can you shut up?" she said, irritated. Ron rolled his eyes.

"not my fault you sat next to me." Ron said.

"whatever." she rolled her eyes, getting up to leave. it was finally Saturday and she was finally allowed to get some rest.

she felt eyes on her as she sluggishly walked out, her head hung low as she yawned. dark eye bags were formed under her eyes as she let her hand drag along the stone wall as she walked.

(y/n) had no particular location in mind on where to go, she just wanted to be alone. her eyes were practically closed as she accidentally bumped into someone.

"you alright, Weasley?" Seamus asked her.

"yeah.. thanks, Sea." she gave him a weak smile. she knew he gave her a frown, but he kept walking.

first years were running down the corridor happily, causing a tugging at (y/n)'s heart.

"Weasley!" someone shouted behind her. she closed her eyes, inhaling a deep breath through her nose as she turned around slowly.

"yes, Malfoy?" she asked through gritted teeth.

"can- can we talk?" the blond awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"why?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"because we have to talk." he said firmly.

"lead the way." she yawned once more.

he started walking to the Prefects bathroom, mumbling the password after he checked no one was around.

"is this the Prefects bathroom?" she asked in awe, looking at the giant bathtub.

"yeah. i figured you could use a little pampering considering you look like shit." he teased. she rolled her eyes.

"you're why i look like shit, bloody arsehole." she scoffed, beginning to take off her green sweater.

Draco sat on a marble ledge, slipping off his shoes as he tried not to look at his girlfriend undressing.

"close your eyes." she scolded, completely naked. she quickly got into the hot water, a sigh of content leaving her mouth as she leaned against the side.

"can i open now? it's not like i haven't seen everything." Draco said, opening his eyes.

"what did you need to talk about?" she asked, her wet hair flowing down her back and fanning out around her. she looked like a goddess.

"us." Draco sucked in a breath.

"you brought me in here to break up?" she began making assumptions, her heart rate quickening.

"what? no! Merlin." he rubbed his eyes out of frustration.

"listen, (y/n). i love you, so much. and i'm sorry i didn't write back to you, or even try to communicate. but i can't tell you why.." Draco sighed, his heart thumping out of his chest.

"why not? Draco, i spent every day waiting for your letters. every. fucking. day. and i got nothing. do you know what that feels like? to wait for something but end up completely disappointed? so yeah, i think that deserves an explanation." she said bitterly.

"i can't tell you, (y/n)! it- it would put your life in danger." he whispered the last part.

"huh?" she asked. "what do you mean danger? love, Draco.. please talk to me." she said, grabbing his cold hands in her wet ones. her thumbs traced over every vein and knuckle.