25

"i'm so nervous." Hermione stated as (Y/n) started to put on her eyeshadow. Ginny, Hermione, and (Y/n) were all getting ready for the Yule Ball.

"trust me, Hermione. everyone is going to go crazy when they see you." (Y/n) grinned, referring to the beautiful dress she was wearing with her curly hair.

"do you think i look too different?" she asked nervously, fiddling with her fingers.

"are you kidding? you look absolutely gorgeous, Hermione." Ginny smiled, pulling on her dress.

"oh, Merlin. i look like like a walking watermelon." Ginny sighed, putting half her hair into a side braid.

"enough, ladies. you both look absolutely wonderful, and we are going to go crush those boys."

"says you, you don't even have a date." Ginny teased, grabbing her shoes.

(Y/n) scoffed. "i don't need a date. and, for your information, two Ravenclaw boys asked me but i politely declined."

"whatever you say." Ginny giggled, walking out of the dormitory to go meet Neville.

"or do you not have a date because the person you were hoping to go with didn't ask?" Hermione raised her eyebrows as (Y/n) pulled away from her face softly.

"shh." (Y/n) laughed, but felt an ache in her chest. "mum doesn't really have the best taste." she said while pulling out a dark green dress with ugly flowers on the bottom. (a/n: idc if you don't like i thought it fit perfectly with the story of her being a weasley:,))

 (a/n: idc if you don't like i thought it fit perfectly with the story of her being a weasley:,))

"i'm sure you'll look amazing, (Y/n)." Hermione reassured, slipping on her shoes.

"thanks." the redhead replied, stepping into it and zipping up the back. "see, it looks better on." Hermione said.

(Y/n) looked over her appearance one last time. her makeup was neatly done, hints of green and gold simply done on her eyes. her hair was curled, her curtain bangs falling pleasantly on her face.

Hermione had left the room to meet with Krum leaving (Y/n) alone. sighing, she slipped on her black flats and left the dormitory.

when she arrived at the entrance hall, students were gathering around with their dates and friends. (Y/n) quickly found Ron, who was wearing ugly dress robes, Padma, Parvati, and Harry.

"what's up, father time?" she teased, ruffling Ron's hair. "says you, walking vine." Ron taunted back, slightly shoving her.

"no need to get your knickers in a twist." she rolled her eyes, giving compliments to the sisters and Harry.

her gaze drifted up to the stairs as she saw Draco come walking down, his pale eyes locked on her. hanging onto his arm was Pansy Parkinson, dressed in pale-pink robes.

(Y/n) couldn't help but feel a slight pang of jealousy shoot through her. for the past two weeks she had hoped Draco would come without a date, but looking back on it now she realized how silly she was to think that. of course the Slytherin Prince wasn't coming to the Yule Ball alone.

Draco and her kept their eye contact all the way until he entered the Great Hall, Crabbe and Goyle following shortly behind (whom weren't accompanied by dates).

after the Champions got their first dance, the students crowded around the Weird Sisters singing and dancing their hearts out. (Y/n) was dancing next to Angelina and Katie, singing along to the lyrics happily.

she made her way over to Harry and Ron, who were sulking in the corner, and sat next to them trying to catch her breath.

"what's up with you two?" she asked, taking a sip of water.

"nothing." they both shortly replied, their eyes on the crowd.

"you know, if both of you had man'd up and asked Hermione and Cho then you both wouldn't be pouting like children right now." she snapped.

"you don't even have a date!" Ron shot back annoyed.

"i don't need one!" she defensively said, standing back up. "whatever. you two party poopers enjoy yourselves."

hours later most of the students left the Great Hall as the time reached 11: 51pm. only three couples were left, slow dancing and left in their own world.

(Y/n) was getting the last of the snacks at the food table, stuffing her mouth with crackers as she watched the couples.

"stuffing your face, Weasley?" a voice asked from next to her.

"what do you want, Malfoy?" she muttered, wiping the crumbs off her lips as she stared at the blond.

Draco rolled his eyes. "why did you come alone?" he asked suddenly.

"why did you come with pug face Parkinson?" she raised an eyebrow, smirking slightly to herself.

"touché." he cracked a smile, glancing at who was still here.

"wanna dance?" he asked so quietly she almost didn't hear it.

"uh, sure." she blushed, accepting his hand and letting him guide her to the dance floor.

"i'm warning you though, i've never danced with someone, let alone a Malfoy. aren't you lads professionals?" she joked, placing her hand on his shoulder, her other in his cold hand.

Draco let out a small laugh. "almost."

"i never thought i would be dancing with a Weasley." he mumbled, pressing their foreheads together as they swayed gently.

"i never thought i would ever be this close to a Malfoy." she whispered, taking in his scent of cologne, green apples, and peppermint.

"you're not so bad, Weasley."

"you're not either, Malfoy."