Chapter 4

Mila's POV

We continued deeper into the tunnel until we reached what looked like a living room. We walked down the wooden stairs and a man was sleeping in the middle of the room.

"We have a guest," the boy in black said. He walked over to the man and took the sunglasses from the older gentleman. The boy then went to the kitchen and started messing with the dishes.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" the man asked, sitting up.

"Are you Hades?" I asked, hugging my bag tighter to my body.

"That depends, who are you?"

"My name is Mila Gothel... I think I'm your daughter..." I pulled out the picture of my mom in white and showed it to him. "This is my mother. And this is you, right?"

The man, Hades, walked over and took the picture from me. A longing look filled his eyes and his thumb brushed over my mother's face. "I can't believe she told you," he said. "We made a promise to never tell you guys. Hunter, come here."

Hunter came over and stood by his father in front of me. "Yes," he said.

"I want you to meet your little sister, Mila."

Evelina's POV

We made it across the barrier in one piece. Ben and Carlos covered up the limo while Jay, Evie, and I watched to make sure no one was watching us. We walked around the Isle. I glanced at Ben and he had a look of ... awe, almost. I understood where he was coming from. We had no idea how terrible it really was over here until Mila came. And to see how much they accomplished with so little was almost inspiring. Mila was right all along. The Isle needed help. The barrier needed to be diminished. She wrote a paper about it for one of Fairy Godmother's classes. We were supposed to write a three-page essay on how we could make a difference in our respective kingdoms. She wrote a ten-page essay on how to make a difference on the Isle.

I was so lost in my thoughts that for a split second I lost sight of Ben and the others. I continued going straight and thankfully caught up with them. Ben was trying to make friends with someone and the other three stopped him.

(Evie, Carlos, Ben, All, VK's)

Let me tell you something you can really trust

Everybody's got a wicked side

I know you think that you could never be like us

Watch and learn so you can get it right

You need to drag your feet

You need to nod your head

You need to lean back

Slip through the crack

You need to not care

Uh, you need to not stare

You need a whole lotta help

You need to not be yourself

You wanna be cool

Let me show you how

Need to break the rules

I could show you how