Chapter 2

Mila's POV

The limo pulled up to a new crowd of people waving posters and screaming. The limo stopped and the backseat door was opened. Jay and Carlos were fighting over a blue garment and they fell out of the limo. Evie and Mal stepped over them and I waited until they were away from the door. I ducked just in time to avoid getting hit in the face with some heavy equipment. The limo door was shut and it drove off.

Right in front of us stood three people, two girls, and a boy. The elder girl had dark brown hair, a kind face, and was wearing a powder blue dress and sweater. The younger girl had wavy brown hair, a soft pink dress with a light blue sweater. The boy had dirty blonde hair, a blue suit and... kind green eyes. The elder girl introduced herself as Fairy Godmother, headmistress of Auradon Prep. Mal started paying her compliments but they seemed to center around her wand. The boy introduced himself next as Prince Ben to which the younger girl interrupted. She was introduced as Princess Audrey, Ben's girlfriend.

"Ben and Audrey are going to show you all around, and I'll see you tomorrow," Fairy Godmother said breaking Ben's and Audrey's hands apart. "The doors of wisdom are never shut. But the library hours are from eight to eleven. And as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews." She gave us a small smile goodbye and walked away. The crowd and the band followed her lead and left us alone.

"It is so, so, so good to finally me... meet you all," Ben said going to shake our hands. "This is a momentous occasion, and one that I hope will go down in history... is that chocolate? As the day our two peoples began to heal."

When he got to me I finally looked him in the eye. Time seemed to freeze just as we stood frozen. I heard someone cough and it brought me back to the present. I took my hand out of his and looked back to the floor. "Hello, I'm Mila," I said before I lost my nerve. "This is Jay, Evie, Carlos, and Mal," I introduced the others seeing as they weren't going to.

"A little bit over the top?" Ben asked me.

"Just a touch."

"Well, so much for my first impression."

We shared a small laugh before I said, "It was very... princely."

"Hey, You're Maleficent's daughter, aren't you?" Audrey said walking closer to Mal. "Yeah, you know what? I totally do not blame your mother for trying to kill my parents and stuff. Oh, my mom's Aurora. Sleeping-"

"Beauty!" Mal interjected. "Yeah, I've heard the name. You know, I totally don't blame your grandparents for inviting everyone in the whole world but my mother to their stupid christening."

"Water under the bridge."

"Totes!"

The two girls shared an awkward laugh and Ben went to stand next to Audrey. The two of them took us on a tour of the campus. We stopped in front of a statue of the King and it morphed from man to Beast. Carlos jumped and Mal made a dog joke. We continued the boring tour before stopping in the front hall. Mal asked about wands and magic. Ben told her that it was stored away in a museum. Audrey started getting possessive and wrapped Ben's arm around herself. Ben looked very uncomfortable and bolted when he saw a man called Doug.

Doug was to show us our classes and to our dorms. Ben said that he would see us later before Aubrey dragged him away. I silently took my schedule from Doug and waited for him to lead the way. The others followed Mal's lead which turned out to be wrong. We dropped Jay and Carlos off on their floor before going up a few floors to our floor. I walked down the hall looking at the room number trying to find room 713.

I stood in front of room 713 and slowly opened the door. The bags that I brought were sitting on the frilly pink bed, the dark color a stark contrast to the bright room. I unzipped my bag and put away the few outfits I had. As I opened the last bag I noticed a wrapped box. I opened the small box to find along with a note from Mom.

 I opened the small box to find along with a note from Mom

'Happy 16th birthday my darling sun. Never forget that I love you and that you are always in my heart just like I am in yours. Love, Mom.'

A few tears leaked out of my eyes and I brushed them away. I finished unpacking in time for dinner. I walked down the many flights of stairs and found the lunchroom. I walked through the lunch line picking out mostly fruits and earning a few stares. Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos had yet to show up so I found a table in the back of the room and began eating. It was deadly quiet. I looked up to see the other VK's coming in and getting their food. They came over to my table and sat with me. They conversed with each other and gradually the volume in the lunchroom increased.

After I finished eating, I took care of my dishes. The others just left them on the table and I walked back and got them. A few gasps of shocks were heard and I knew that I was going to be the talk of the rest of dinner. A villain child doing a good deed OMG! I rolled my eyes and walked back to my dorm room. As I passed by I saw Mal and Evie heading somewhere. I shook it off and went to bed.