Prologue

Third POV

Prince Ben stands in his room getting tailored for his ceremony suit. He looks out to the Isle of the Lost with a heavy heart. The door bursts open and his parents walk into the room.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned King next month?" King Adam asked his only son. "You're just a baby!"

"He's turning sixteen dear," Queen Belle said moving to look at the clothes on Ben's bed.

Ben's parents started to banter back and forth before Ben stopped them. "Mom, Dad... I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon. Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

"The children of our sworn enemies living among us?" King Adam asked slightly angry.

"We'll start out with a few at first, only the ones that need our help the most. I've already chosen them."

"Have you?"

"I gave you a second chance," Queen Belle said. "Who are their parents?"

"Cruella De Vil... Jafar... Mother Gothel... Evil Queen... and Maleficent," Ben said bracing himself for his father's wrath. He continued to speak before his parents could voice an opinion. "I understand that their parents are guilty of unspeakable crimes but their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?"

King Adam thought it over for a minute. "I suppose their children are innocent." King Adam and Queen Belle took their leave and exited the room. Before Queen Belle left she praised her son.