Epilogue

Mila's POV

A week had passed since Ben's coronation. Everything was better than he ever could have imagined. Since saving everyone from Maleficent Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay were accepted into Auradon society. I hadn't changed that much. Sure people were nicer than they were when we first arrived but I stayed with Eve and her friends.

Eve, Kristy, and I were outside studying when I heard a loud call. I looked around but I was the only one. No one else seemed to hear it.

"Did you guys hear that?" I asked.

Eve looked up from her book and asked, "hear what?"

"Nevermind." I shook my head before going back to my math homework.

I was able to be productive for a few more minutes before I heard that same noise, only louder. This time it almost sounded like someone was singing. I looked towards the forest but still couldn't see anyone. I got up from the table and started walking towards the noise.

"Mila?!" Eve shouted. "Where are you going?"

I didn't respond to her. Something was calling me and I had to find out what.

"Ah ah oh oh oh. Ah ah oh oh oh oh oh oh," The voice said.

"I can hear you but I won't

Some look for trouble while others don't

There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day

And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh oh oh," I sang, moving some tree branches aside and walking further into the forest.

"Ah ah oh oh. Oh oh. Ah ah oh oh." The voice called out

"You're not a voice

You're just a ringing in my ear

And if I heard you, which I don't

I'm spoken for I fear

Everyone I've ever loved is here within these walls

I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls

I've had my adventure, I don't need something new

I'm afraid of what I'm risking if I follow you

Into the unknown

Into the unknown

Into the unknown."

"Ah ah oh oh. Ah ah oh oh oh oh"

"What do you want? 'Cause you've been keeping me awake

Are you here to distract me so I make a big mistake?

Or are you someone out there who's a little bit like me?

Who knows deep down I'm not where I'm meant to be?

Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow

Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go...

Into the unknown?

Into the unknown

Into the unknown." I sang breaking the edge of the forest coming to a cliff overlooking the isle.

"Ah ah oh oh. Ah ah oh oh."

"Oh oh oh

Are you out there?

Do you know me?

Can you feel me?

Can you show me?

Ah ah oh oh

Ah ah oh oh

Ah ah oh oh

Ah ah oh oh

Oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh

Where are you going?

Don't leave me alone

How do I follow you

Into the unknown?

Oh oh oh," I sang.

I found a rock big enough to hold me and sat down. I looked off in the distance at the Isle just watching, hoping to get a glimpse at what was calling me. Sadly, all I saw were the tin rooftops of the shacks people called homes. I don't know how long I had been sitting there but the sun began to set. I felt someone walk up to me from behind but I didn't turn around.

"Mila, there you are," Ben said as he came to sit beside me. "We were worried sick. Are you ok? What happened?"

"Something was calling me, pulling me to the Isle," I explained, not taking my eyes off of the Isle.

"You can't run off like that. Eve called me freaking out. She said that you just walked up and went into the forest."

"I can't explain it, Ben. Something was tugging me here. A voice, it sang to me and it felt familiar. Like I've heard that voice before."

"Maybe you should talk to your mother. Maybe she knows who the voice belongs to."

"I hope so."

"Come on, let's go home." He stood up and held out his hand for me to take. I stood up with his help and we walked back home. Before I went into the forest, I gave one last look to the Isle.

Ben led me out of the forest and to the dining hall. I ate a bowl of fruit and a dinner roll before calling it a night. After I got ready for bed I walked down the hall to my Mom's room. I knocked on the door and she called for me to come in.

"Flower," Mom said, bringing me in for a hug, "how was your day?"

I pulled back from the hug. "Something strange happened."

"What's the matter?"

"I heard a voice. And when I followed it, it took me to the Isle. Well, not the Isle exactly but a cliff overlooking the Isle. Do you know anything about that?"

She led me over to her couch and sat me down before pacing back and forth. "I was hoping to never tell you this," Mom whispered to herself.

"Tell me what?"

She stopped pacing and looked at me. "There's no easy way to say this." She sat down beside me on the couch. "You have a twin brother."

AN:

Descendants is officially finished! I am already working on Descendants 2. I can't wait to introduce you to this mystery twin brother and what I have in store for our heroine. Not sure if I should make a second book or just keep adding on to this one. Thoughts?