"Awaiting Orders Pilot."

The year was 2557, the UNSC Infinity was drag into a forerunner shield planet by the name of, "Requiem". Not long after they approached the planet they were dragged into it by its gravity well, and once they had entered its inner world the ship lost its ability to fly, plunging down to the ground.

Once it was crashed landed, it sent out multiple scouting groups to recon the area, which soon encountered Covenant forces.

One of the Marine groups was unlucky in it's patrol, the Pelican they had been riding on had been shot down by 2 Banshees, leaving the squad stranded and surrounded.

"SHIT! I'm outta shells, cover my ass!"

The fighting was fierce, but the odds were in the Covenants favor. The Promethean knights were tearing through their defences faster than they could kill them. One of the marines couldn't take it and ran off in fear, panic and despair on his face.

His squad shouted out for him to return, but were silenced soon after.

The marine continued to run before falling slowing down, he panted as he cried out in guilt.

Hearing the sound of rushing foot steps the marine sprang to his feet and pushed himself forwards, trying to outrun the enemy behind him.

Finally tiring himself beyond his limit he slowed down, wiping the sweat off his brow he glanced at the area around him, trees and other shrubbery surrounded him. He looked up into the sky to try find any towers nearby, he would focus on his guilt when he was safe.

See the glimmering forerunner tower not too far to his right, he began to walk towards the tower. As he walked he checked on his Battle Rifle, cocking the breach he pulls out the mag and counts his ammo.

62 bullets left, he had to make sure every shot counted.

As he breached the bushes, he took a closer look at the structure, blindingly bright metal glared back at him. Rubbing his aching eyes he continued forth.

Once he got to the door he looked around for anything to press, only to see the pedestal awaiting for him ti interact with it.

"fuck it, not like i have any other option."

Bringing his hand up, he took off the tactical gloves and layed his hand out on the pedestal, a strange blue glow appeared as it seemed to scan his hand. The sound of hissing came from the door as it opened up for the Marine.

Taking his hand back and putting the glove back on, he walked through the door and into the dimly lit room. Taking a deep breath he continued forwards, around a minute of shuffling forwards he smacked his face against something metalic.

"ow."

Rubbing his forhead, he tried to search for his flashlight, tapping on the button a few times only to realize that he must have broken it during his escape.

"shit, well fuck me i guess."

[That is not biologically possible, Riflemen.]

Letting out a manly scream he swung his BR up and aimed. Just as he was about let a burst out, a blue glowing circle stared back, scanning him.

[Scan complete, Human entity detected, resgistering as temporary pilot.]

"p-pilot?"

Before he could get his answers, metal hands grasped on to his torso and shoved him into a chasis. The lights inside turned on, blinding the marine.

"wha-what am i doing in here!?"

[Initiating Link Up, please standby.......]

Just as he was about to resist, something force his mind to link up to the machine, memories were forced on to him, as well as a uniform and gear being presented infront of him.

The memories seemed like a dream, but in actuality it was a simulation, training the marine on tactics, movements and weapons.

The marine inhale deeply, seemingly missing the air for some odd reason.

"why- how!?"

[Training complete, please equip pilot gear and earn your keep as my permanent pilot.]

The marine- now pilot stopped resisting a long time ago, numbingly putting on the gear he looked at the controls around him, seeing the tubes connected to his body. He had already been trained, but the question was for how long?

"how long was i training?"

[Real time : 5 hours. Simulated time : 2.5 months.]

"how will my muscle even keep up with all the moves i've learnt?"

[You have already been training as a footman to carry, and you have now been equipped with the jump pack. What is wrong?]

"... Fine, i guess it's time to head out now huh?"

[Sending mission details to pilot.]

The screen soon held up a mission, "regroup with UNSC units." with a way point heading towards the supposed location. The pilot gripped the controls and began to make his way back to his dead comrades, to give them a proper burial.

It's the least he could do for abandoning them.

" This is Captain​ Andrew Del Rio to all personnel, the Infinity is under attack by Covenant forces, i repeat, the Infinity is under attack!"

The titan picked up speed and stopped at the cliffs edge, looking out to the Infinity as it was being bombarded by multiple different Covenant. The hatch opens up to reveal a glowing blue crossed visor gazing at the Infinity.

The pilot steps out and stands on the titans hand, holding up his rifle.

"well then, time we get us action, right BT?"

[Affirmative, Awaiting Orders Pilot.]​

_________________________________

This is my idea dump, for the "maybe later" list, or the "take it and use it" list.