"The Grind Is Pain, Hey"

Main character's POV

War Thunder.

A game featuring 4 different combat types, ground, air, sea and combined arms. It's usually fun to play with friends or whenever you're alone. Until you play to grind for top tier vehicles, that's when the severe mind numbing pain kicks.

You'll die hundreds of times just to grind out that favorite vehicle you love oh so much. Maybe you'll slam your controllers into the ground, maybe you'll just rage quit, or maybe...

You'll use money.

The sheer overwhelming grind is how Gaijin makes money.

So i have a simple question, what would you do if every aircraft in war thunder was gifted to you for free?

Cheer in joy? File a report to gaijin? Grind out silver lions?

Then what if you got everything i just mentioned, and were then fucking isekai'd into Azur Lane as a fucking Kancolle fairy?

I hope you have an answer, because​ that's the situation i'm currently experiencing at a whopping 3 thousand meters in the sky. Let me tell you, it was wonky as shit.

Third person point of view, check.

Joystick controls, check.

Userskins, check.

Limited christmas event smoke trails, check.

Imagine flying a P-51D with an anime userskin, feeling the G forces against your body whenever you pull an maneuver, being in a fairy body, with a fairy sized plane. It was surreal, and i legit thought i was having one hell of a lucid dream, until i felt my skull slam against the glass canopy.

"HEY!"

Ah, fairy language included.

I could tell you guys my name, but i'm in a bit of a pickle. Remember when i talked about "pulling a maneuver"? Yea, i have a few "totally not sandbagging" siren jets on my tail.

"oh, don't you have every plane in war thunder? Just switch to an F-14!" i hear you saying.

Well my dear lads and ladettes, i'm in the middle of a fucking dog fight over here, you little shits.

Grabbing the joystick tighter than i already was, i pulled back and began to do a Scissor maneuver, the jets followed my maneuver but since they were leagues faster than me, they flew right by. I let out a burst at the last jet lagging behind, causing it to blow up.

Yea, "totally not sandbagging", siren operations are gonna fucking suuuuck, when it happens anyway.

Anyway, how much fucking fuel was in that thing?

[Aircraft Destroyed -​ burnt down]​

Oh, that's pretty neat.

My planes airframe shook as a few rounds slam into the fuselage, a large figure of my plane appeared in the bottom left of my view, red left wing and a orange fuselage. Isn't that just peachy.

That increased drag is going to get me fucked.

Looking at my speedometer, i watch as my 380km/h turned to 320km/h. Naturally, my face grimaced even further, althougth i still had the constant fairy smiley face, my emotions were clear.

This moment, was a certified "Not Poggers".

Looking behind my plane, i see the culprit of the damage closing in for a better shot. I kept my eyes on the jet and made sure to shift into a different position every time it dialed in on me. Kind of like whenever you use advanced controls, keeping an eye on your enemy while you use WASD to maneuver out of harms way.

I kept looking at the jet at the very edge of my vision as i tried to find the other jet that seemed to have disappeared, and as cliche as it was, it was right above me.

Fuck.

Flipping the mustang upside-down and pulling the joystick down, my plane began to descend from the clouds at a blistering rate.

From around 320 km/h to a terrifying 590 and climbing.

Taking a glance behind my back, i could clearly see the siren jets closing the distance faster than i'd ever like. I kept my eyes on the speed and atitude whilst also making sure to keep on eye on the jets as i descended. Breaching the clouds, i was greeted by the sound of AA cannon fire, and then an explosion happened behind me.

Turning back forwards, i noticed that an ongoing battle was happening before my eyes, shipgirls were fighting each other which meant only two thing.

I was either in the re-enacment of Midway, or some random ass alternate universe

And then i saw Enterprise fighting against Akagi and Kaga.

So yea, probably Midway.

...

You can't hear it, but i'm crying.

Welp, suddenly little american pilot is diving right on top of Akagi.

Yeah, that probably happened in real life, right?

-POV change, third person-

Enterprise wasn't having a good time.

Honestly though, no one is.

Especially​ the P-51 that was currently diving on Akagi at a speed of 520Km/h. But this ain't about the P-51.

It's about Akagi's emotions.

Rage, fear, desperation...

Confusion at the pint sized american pilot that went screaming past her head. You know, average​ emotions during an active engagement with the enemy.

The japanese carrier left her planes to deal with the mustang as she focused on her opponent, the grey ghost. This was it, her chance to turn this entire battle around was to just sink her-

She couldn't sense her planes anymore.

Akagi glanced towards the last location she had felt her planes revealed a mustang wiggling it's frame left and right. If she had focused on the cockpit she would have seen a cartoony figure making a rather rude gesture with her hand.

Of course, she wasn't allowed to actually see because big E decided that Akagi needed to be acquainted with her foot.

__________________________________

Me : man, i love playing games, sure hope i didn't forget anything.

Also me after i remember wattpad exists.

Watch me forget about this account again next week