"Just Passing By"

Third person POV

William "Bill" Overbeck. A Vietnam veteran who served the U.S. Army First Special Forces group, while also being the oldest in the group.

Bill was a man who faced conflict on the daily basis, he practically couldn't live without a good fight, he had the experience to survive the Zombie Apocalypse. Sadly his aching back would protest against his constant moving, he knew that his days were numbered, so why not go down with the rest of the uglies?

Sacrificing himself to save the group that he had travelled with for so long, they were all reliable. Even that numbnut Francis was reliable, Louis was good good kid, sadly he wouldn't be able to make him a fishing pro as he had promised. And Zoey, a daughter figure to him, by god he hopes that they all make it out safely.

Fighting Tanks to just reach that generator, difficult but not impossible, but that was a one way trip. Which resulted in Bill's death, but also the escape of his group.

Sitting against the generator, Bill lets out a haggared breath, death was already opening its doors for the old veteran. However just as darkness began to engulf the old man, a rift in space appeared beneath him, bringing him in.

Bill watched him wide eyes as what seemed like multiple windows flew past him, showing faces he recognized, and some he didn't. The feeling of his dog tags burned against his skin, almost like it was branding itself on him, once that process was over he looked down to see his dog tags seemed to glow, he tried to take it off but failed.

Yanking it a few more times, he gave up up since it yielded no results. He looked around him at the void, the only source of entertainment being the windows showing multiple "realities" and "universes". Some he recognized as cartoons the kids these days would watch, while the rest seemed like fantasy and science fiction.

Rubbing his hand against his dog tags gave him a shock, then a screen appeared in front of him, showing all the weapons he had touch throughout his entire carrier. Some of them were also weapons he had touched during the apocalypse.

Tapping on one of the weapons, an M1911, it appeared in his hand. The panel for the weapon seemed to have a cooldown, the cooldown was only a few minutes.

Getting bored, Bill began to dissasemble​ and re-assemble the pistol, however during the fifth re-assemble a piece flew out of reach. The panel appeared again showing that the piece missing from the gun wouldn't hinder him, it would simply re-appear after a certain amount of time, repairs also seemed automatic.

Scrolling through the system, Bill let out a smile as he found exactly what he needed.

A reliable pack of cigars, ones that didn't seem to hurt his physique.

Inhaling a bit of it and then blowing it out, Bill began to relax as he floated through the void.

Hearing familiar crack, he wipped his head around to see a rift had appeared behind him, leading into a beach of sorts. Shrugging his shoulders he let himself drift into the rift, blacking out in the process.

Bill's POV

I let out a grunt as i wake up on the coarse sand on the beach, scouting the area as i picked myself i opened the magical screen and tapped on the M16. I check the magazine and clip it back into the breach, then cocked the it. Walking over to the water i look into it, trying to get a clear look at my reflection.

 Walking over to the water i look into it, trying to get a clear look at my reflection

Rubbing my beard, i let out a sigh.

Bill : would've been nice to be younger, well, beggers can't be choosers.

Holding the M16 i walked up the beach, heading up the dirt path as i look around me, noticing something at the edge of my vision i turn my head to see some kind of hopping water balloon. It had two white eyes as it looked at me, the size of it was smaller than my own palm.

I pick it up and gave it a squeeze, it felt simular to a stressball. I carried it along with me as i travelled up hill, it was a strange thing, fed it a bit of grass and watched it disolve after a few minutes.

Once i had reached the top, i took a deep breath of air, it was nice and fresh.

I came across a small pond that seemed to have something struggling to swim up to the surface. I made my way there and simply grasped whatever i came into cantact with.

The small white thing coughed out a bit of water before shaking it's head to rinse off the water. It looked at me, revealing that the thing in question was a small child with a floating crown.

Bill : hey there kiddo, mind tellin' me how you got there?

??? : eh-hehe Paimon may or may not have slept while floating...

Bill : floating?

"Paimon" flew out of my hands and into the air in front of me, puffing out her chest like as if she had won a prize.

Bill : hm, pretty neat kiddo, but this old man's seen far more stranger things than you coupd ever imagine.

The void came to my mind as i said that.

Paimon : eh? Are you sure? Paimon's a one of a kind after all!

Bill : *chuckle* i'm sure i definitely saw something more strange than a "Paimon", anyway, name's Bill, nice to meet you Paimon.

Paimon let out a small giggle as she clapped her hands and flew in a circle around me. I let out a sigh as i come to realize that she'll probably be sticking with me for a while.

Then again, i suppose this will be a good vacation from the apocalypse, wouldn't it? I shoulder my gun as Paimon followed behind me, telling me of her adventures around "Mondstabt", from what she's saying, slimes were one of her favorite desserts.

The slime in my breast pocket seemed to slink in further into the pocket.

__________________________________

This would be an interesting book as well, wouldn't it? Afterall, no-one does Bill fanfictions anyway.