Part four

The efforts to cool the embers lasted long into the evening and you stayed up to help despite Mirabel's attempts to dissuade you. As you ran back an fourth with more buckets of water, you kept an eye out for any familiar faces in the crowds but their eyes merged and mouths twisted into unrecognizable forms. You shake yourself off, hopefully you can leave town without them seeing you. When the last dregs of the fire are doused to everyone's satisfaction the Madrigal family wearily returns to their slumber, some slightly more crowded then others. You find the guest room has been squished next to Deloris's bedroom. You sigh, slipping inside, careful not to step on the odd piece of wood still merging into the floor. That night you are awoken by a the need to use the bathroom and go stumbling down the halls looking for the toilet. The whole house has squished itself together, and all of its contents which would normally be spaced out, were cramped together in weird unsteady configurations. As you pass a door, it begins to glow. To your surprise, the door opens to see the haggard man dressed in green emerge. He lets out a rather embarrassing squeak as you crash into him.
    "Ah! I'm sorry," you fumble to your feet and help him up. He is hesitant to accept your hand but takes.
    "No, please it's my fault, I really, well, do...do you have a moment?" The man reintroduces himself as Bruno and waves you into his room. Sand, so much sand. You wince and try to shake some out of your shoe.
    "Y/n, I have visions of events that could many possible probably come true." He wrings his hands. "And I had one as soon as I got to my room and we'll.." he gestures to the green glass, inside your see your face, a now familiar scene of you running, and dark figures chasing you. You tilt the image seeing destruction and ruin enveloping the town, a place over run by an oncoming force. You shudder, and hand the glass back to Bruno.
    "Does this happen to you frequently?" You sink a little into the sand. He shrugs, "It comes and goes." He studies the image longer running his fingers over the edges of the murky surface muttering to himself. You wait, but he seems lost in thought. A rat pops out of his sleeve and you recoil. It looks between you and Bruno and crawls back into his sleeve.
    "I...Are you going to show this to the rest of the family?"
    "Probably."
    "Well, you don't have to worry about kicking me out," the words come flying out on wings of panic, "I was actually planning to be on my way anyways so it's really nothing you should worry about." You begin backing out of the room, ready for the harsh words and cautious glares, but to your surprise Bruno gave neither reaction. Instead he sat down and patted the sand next to him.
    "You know, I thought they would have kicked me out once. It's a long story but take my word for it, I'm glad I stuck around, no matter what I thought the future held."

*Remember to vote and comment! Thanks!*