Part eleven

You and Camilo sat together until dinner. The sun had just begun to set and you picked your self off the ground. Camilo took your hand, springing up and you wordlessly headed for the Madrigal house.
"Maybe that guy was just bluffing," Camilo murmured, as a hope more than a true guess. You smile and echo your own sentiment.
Then Bruno slammed open his door, his eyes wide and panicked.
"WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!"
No sooner had the words left his mouth, an explosion shook the mountains, rocks and dust trembling as if anticipating horrors on the wind. The house went still, everyone coming to process that the assumed threat had arrived. Then Mirabel rose and pushed her glasses up on her face. She nodded to Pepa and I a moment the whole valley was covered in a hurricane, Luisa bolted for the source of the explosion with Isabella hot on her heals, a bag of tactics on their backs. Antonio whispered to a collection of rats who began spreading word to the animals around the area. Camilo grabbed your hand and lead over to where Dolores was covering her ears. You help her to her room and Camilo is told to help the towns people and prepare for an invasion. You are left to do what you will as the sound of gunshots echo across a valley turned to storms.

*sorry for the short chapter, but this is going on hiatus for a while. Thank you all for reading this! I should be back in about four weeks*