Part six

You didn't know what to say. All of you glanced around at each other looking for someone to come up with an idea or a plan. You took a deep breath.
"Listen, I think we need to find this intruder." You paused waiting to see if anyone else had an objection. "They are still here and they are targeting this family, and I think they are here because of me. So let's split up into two teams, Bruno and I will go search the spaces in the walls and everywhere inside the house while you two," You point to Agustín and Felix, "will keep watch over all exits in case anyone tries to sneak out. Sound fair?"
"Sounds good, let's go" Felix replies and the group heads their separate ways. You follow Bruno into the secret passages behind the walls, walking as quietly as possible over gaps and broken planks.
"Are you really sure you used to live like this!?" You whispered.
"yeah, I can't say it was pleasant but I made it work," Bruno didn't turn around but you saw his shoulders slouch. It must be difficult for him to revisit this place you thought. After checking the back passage ways you found nothing. Soon enough you doubled back around and out of the same picture frame. As you passed by Camilo's room, you took a closer inspection of the door. It was still glowing, just like all the others but as you ran a hand along it, something sticky came off of it.
"Y/n? Is something wrong?" Bruno was already a couple paces down the hallway from you.
"Bruno, come take a look at this!" You motioned him over to see the residue, but then Bruno collapsed, his eyes going green.
"Bruno?!" You ran to his side but caught a glimpse of someone slipping away from Bruno's door.
"HEY! Get back here!" You leapt up, sprinting after the shadowy figure as they tried to lose you in twisting corridors. The hot summer air bellowed through your lungs as you increased your speed. Faster, FASTER! Your arms flew like pistons by your sides, the target wildly spinning through a dizzying hallway trying to lose you, but you kept going. There! An exit! The shadowed figure saw it too and dove for the opening just to crash into Agustín.
"Ow! Wait who-" Agustín's stalling was just enough time for you to catch up, crashing arms first into the mystery person.
"YOU!" you held on as they struggled, "You're not going anywhere! Agustín! Help me hold them down!"
Agustín grabbed the man's feet as you sat on his back. Soon enough Felix came around and brought some rope to tie the man up with.
You, Felix, and Agustín work together to drag the man inside. Felix rips off his mask, clearly the most pissed. It doesn't take you long to identify the masked man as one of your neighbors from your old neighborhood.
    "Y/n?" Agustín spoke up, "is there something wrong?"
    "This is one of the people chasing me," you make a note to memorize his features, "and he and the rest of his buddies are in our town. We need to find them and get them out."
    The man in the chair has been silent, but now starts to chuckle.
    "Well, well, Y/n is all grown up! Who would have thought the little kid selling treats by the road would be the key to my riches!"
    "Hmm? Care to explain?" Growls Felix.
    "Well, Y/n, I must thank you. Truly! You lead us to our next miracle!" He winks at you. Gross. "I'll get out weather you like it or not, but if you drop the whole issue about running away, we promise not to turn you in for killing your parents, plus you'll get your reward too!" You glare at the man.
    "You are the killers, don't try to make me think otherwise! Now, explain yourself! What did you do the this family? Why are their powers acting strange and what is your plan?"

    "What? You think some 15 year old kid is going to threaten me? Ha! Nice try buddy, but you'll have to be, you know, intimidating first. "That goes for you two defenseless lads," he nods his head towards Felix and Agustín, Felix looked like he could tear the roofs off all the houses Luisa had carried but he held his composure. Agustín stepped forward this time.
    "Hmmm? This fellow? He's more harmless than a rat!" Agustín didn't say a word, merely dragging the man in the chair to the top of the stairs and I front of Antonio's room.

*Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks*
(P.S. Happy New Year!!!🎊)