Chapter 19: feelings?

I'm terribly sorry, I wanted to bring this out on Christmas but my Christmas was shit, I cried the whole day so you get it now as late Christmas gift. <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as you were back into the ship with Thei'ra, the atmosphere had suddenly changed. Fett stood silent and stared at the man in front of him motionless, while the other trembled in fear. You almost shivered, so cold was the bounty hunters stare.

"Fett." You called out and he slowly turned his head towards you. "He's in a bad condition and needs medical treatment. You can still scare the crap out of him later."

Like in slow motion the bounty hunter turned his head back to state at Thei'ra, before he turned around and climbed up into the cockpit with clanking steps. You sighed and looked at the pale man next to you, who still had his gaze fixed on the place where Fett just disappeared. Without a word, you took his arm and led him to sit on one of the bunks while grabbing a medkit that was laying around. Thei'ra was still trembling. He reminded you of a scared, starved puppy and immediately you felt sorry for being so scared of him before.

"It's alright." You said calming, holding a bacta pack on his swollen face. "Fett might seem a little... intimidating, but he won't hurt you anymore."

Gently you made him hold the bacta by himself before you started to bandage his arm. The whole time it was quiet, none of you spoke a word. You bandaged his entire arm and were shocked to notice that the bruises went over his shoulder to his back and chest.

"Would you please remove your shirt? I have to bandage the rest of your wounds."

Slowly, the man looked at you, before pulling his shirt up and over his head. His expression made it seemed as if he didn't even care what happened to him now. With another sigh you looked up and down his upper body and a gasp escaped your lips. His entire chest was covered and blueish green festering bruises. You quickly turned away to suppress the need to vomit. After a short moment, you turned back, careful to take deep breaths and not focus on the wounds to much as you continued to threat them with more bacta.

"Most of these was your boyfriend."

A bit surprised you looked up to make sure it was really Thei'ra who had spoken. His eyes met yours and you were surprised by the strong and confident look in them.

"Fett's not my boyfriend." You said not turning away your gaze. The same moment, clanking steps came down the ladder behind you and you turned around, meeting the T-shaped visor of Boba Fett staring right into your soul. For a moment, he paused his movement, only to rush past you into his small room slamming the door shut. Silence fell over you and Thei'ra, who had watched both you and Fett closely.

"Are you sure?" He said and you went back to treating his wounds. 

"What do you mean?"

"He does seem to like you."

"How can you tell?" You scoffed and raised an eyebrow, trying to bandage the man's chest.

"Just... a thought."

Clearing your throat, you went back to your little task and soon finished bandaging. You gave him back his shirt and he responded with a short nod, before laying back on the small bunk to which you had led the man before. Again, silence fell over the ship and you leaned against the wall for a while, thoughts running wild in your head.

'He does  seem to like you.'

A blush crept up your cheeks and you quickly tried to shake off that thought, only to notice Thei'ra had watched you the whole time, like a hawk spying on its prey. Quickly, you turned away and automatically headed towards Bobas room, the man's gaze still in your neck. You didn't think much as you knocked and rushed inside without waiting for an answer. The same moment you closed the door, you froze, staring at the bounty hunter in front of you, who was in fact wearing his helmet, but no shirt.

"Excuse me." He said, his voice robotic through the helmet. "Can you knock?"

"I I did knock." you stuttered out, your eyes fixed on the visor of his helmet.

"Uh huh." He responded and continued with what he was doing before, but which you didn't know, because you still had your eyes straight on his helmet.

"What do you want?" He added after a heartbeat of silence and you cleared your throat.

"I uh.. noticed you've been acting quite strange since our guest Is on board and-" Before you could finish what you actually wanted to say, that you wanted to ask if he was alright and if you could do anything for him, he interrupted you with a loud scoff.

"Our guest?" He asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Y yes?"

"Your guest. You brought him here didn't you?"

"Uhm.. yes but I'm pretty sure it was your idea."

"Well, I'm pretty sure it was yours."

"And it was your plan, too!"

"I bet you a hundred credits it wasn't!"

"Deal!"

Fett had already inhaled to yell another comment back at you, but now slowly exhaled again, his hand going down to his pocket. Your eyes followed the movement, but somehow got stuck at the sight of his chest. You stared at his tanned skin and even though the light was dim, you could make out a pair of big scars running down his chest to his stomach. In shock, you were about to ask how he got them, but got distracted by your brain bringing in the thought that Fett was quite muscular. Again, a blush crept up your face and you quickly tried to find something else to stare at, which was his face right next to his abs. A flash of gold told you he held credits in his fist, which he quickly put back into his pockets.

"Wasn't my idea." He scoffed and turned to look at you.

For a moment, you stared at his visor and none of you spoke a word. It was Fett who opened his mouth after quite some time.

"You're blushing."

"No, I'm not." You heard yourself say while your brain desperately tried to find a good response on his comment, until you noticed you had already responded to his comment, which made you panic.

"Yes you are." He insisted, which cause you to blush even more.

"You're seeing it wrong." You said. A small chuckle was the answer and you offer your cheeks slightly.

"I've got heat sensors in my helmet."

On that you had no response, so you pressed your lips together in silence.

"What, never seen a man shirtless before?"

"I did!" You spat out.

"Didn't saw you blushing while bandaging Thei'ra."

You took a deep breath, let the cold air stream into your lungs, before turning on your heel and rushing out, slamming the door. As you walked past Thei'ra, his eyes opened and watched.

"Are you sure you two aren't married?" He commented, amusement in his voice.

Aggressively abs in rage, you pointed your stretched finger at him, before putting it on his lips and climbed up the ladder into the cockpit, where you spent the rest of the evening staring into hyperspace in annoyance.