Chapter 20: the idea

Hello there people!
I have returned. For now. Unfortunately I failed the school year so I'll have to do it again, which means less time to write as well. But I'll be trying to update as much as possible, if that stupid writing blockade decides to leave that is.
Anyways, I know this one's short and you probably expected more after such a long time, but I really didn't know how to continue, I have plans for the ending of the book already but not for the stuff in between. I hope you enjoy anyways, bye for now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next days passed in a flash. Always the same pattern, you would ask Thei'ra about his condition, treat his wounds, blush whenever Fett was near while catching him staring the other man into the floor more than once. Until one day you walked into the ship after getting supplies and found both men sitting on the same bunk, staring at the empty air in front of them. As they didn't seem to notice you, you slammed your bag down on the floor. Both men flinched and both men turned to look at you the exact same moment.

"What is going on here?" You asked with a raised eyebrow and the two looked at each other, before, to your surprise, Thei'ra opened his mouth and started to speak.

"We've talked and-"

"Noticed something alarming." You weren't surprised at Fett interrupting at all.

"And that would be?" You asked while picking up your bag.

"It was too easy." Both said at the same time, the next moment staring at each other frowning.

"And that would mean?" You asked again now unpacking your bag.

"Vader wanted us to free Thei'ra." Fett said and you crossed your arms.

"What?"

"Something's definitely off." Thei'ra added.

A short moment if silence fell over the ship while you tried to sort your thoughts. This obviously had to be a joke, you thought, because it would mean you had embarrassed yourself for basically nothing.

"May I ask how you got that idea?" You asked slowly unpacking the bag.

"Because I know Vader. I know he was on board, and I know he would never let someone like Thei'ra-" Fett glanced and the man next to him "the fake Thei'ra get away.

"Oh yeah? What makes you so sure?" You kept asking and listened as the bounty hunter explained.

"The Thei'ra we were hunting was force sensitive. Vader knew it. He wouldn't dream of leaving someone like him barely protected."

"Force what now?"

"Some king of magic, I believe." Thei'ra answered and you raised an eyebrow.

"It's something Jedi used." Fett added and your eyes widened.

"Jedi? The guy we're hunting is a Jedi?"

"I've fought and I've killed Jedi." Fettbgave in response "Whatever that guy is, he's not a Jedi."

"Then what is he?" Thei'ra asked, but the bounty hunter only shrugged.

Again, silence fell over the three of you, but it seemed almost irrelevant against the noise in your head. Thoughts whirled through your head, one especially loud in particular. *Force*. The word seemed oddly familiar, yet so far away as the unknown regions, leaving you frustrated over the fact you just couldn't figure out why.

A quick movement in front of your eyes made your snap out of your thoughts. Fett had gotten up and had snapped had fingers in front of your face. Embarrassed you realised you must've been lost in your thoughts longer than you expected, either that or Fett was just impatient.

"S sorry." You stuttered out, placing your hands on the table in front of you. Both men stayed quiet, exchanging a look. "What?" You asked and again, it was Thei'ra who answered.

"Nothing. We just said we need a plan."

"For what exactly?"

"Luring out this thing and catching it." Fett responded, referring to the fake Thei'ra. The look he gave you while talking made you highly uncomfortable and a bad premonition creeped into your thoughts.

"And how?" You dared to ask carefully, hoping it wasn't what you believed it was.

"Apparently there's something on you that rose its interest." Fett admitted. He paused, watching your facial expression for any signs of anger. "So we thought-"

"You could use me as bait." You finished his sentence.

"I wouldn't say bait, more like.. using you to lure it out." The bounty hunter quickly corrected while Thei'ra looked at him confused.

"But isn't that what bait is?" He asked and Fett shot him a glare.

"Listen, as of we know, this thing could be anywhere, and anyone. It tried to kill you twice (Y/n), for whatever reason, so it's the only way I can think of."

"But-"

"I like this no more than you do, but do you have any better ideas?" Fett's voice sounded harsh and annoyed, making you stare on your feet.

Of course you had no better idea. But especially because this guy tried to kill you twice, you didn't want to give him the chance to kill you a third time. Suddenly, you frowned.

"Wait. Second time?"

Fett stayed quiet, while Thei'ra looked just as confused as you felt.

"Fett, answer me!" You snapped at him, causing him to scoff.

"Yes, second time. The first time was when you went into the citadel."

"And you didn't care to tell me?"

"Look, you didn't ask and I forgot."

"Forgot?! He tried to kill me twice and I didn't even know!"

"Are you sure you two aren't married?" Thei'ra asked, looking back and forth between you and Fett.

"We're not!" The two of you snapped at him before you went silent.

"What even is your stupid plan?" You huffed, your arms now crossed as your glares at the bounty hunter.

"First, we need to draw attention to you." He explained shortly. "The rest should work out on its own."

"And how, if I may ask?" You asked sceptically and a bit surprised as the bounty hunter started to smirk.

"Through me, of course."