Chapter 7: the citadel

You sat behind a rock, staring at the giant building in front of you. Even though it was foggy, you could make out the black walls of the building.

"That's some huge shit." You commented, making the bounty hunter next to you chuckle.

It was then when you realized how you missed that sound, even if you heard it only half an hour ago.

"Tell me, oh Mighty-Boba-Fett." You said while pointing at the giant black building "How are we supposed to get inside that?"

He didn't move as if he would think about it. Then, he snapped his fingers.

"We do it the exact same way like the last time."

You raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me, I am not doing that again! You remember what happened?"

"You got out alive."

"Yeah, but this time it is a jedi-killing-psychopath!"

"You don't know that!"

"Oh, fuck off." You rolled your eyes while crossing your arms.

"You have a better idea?" The hunter asked and you shifted around a bit.

"No."

"We could also use my jet pack to fly..."

"No! No way!" You yelled in panic and scrambled away from him, only to hear him chuckle and realize he made a joke.

"Very funny." You said, taking your place by his side again.

"Couldn't help." He answered, tilting his head a bit.

You raised an eyebrow, but remained silent, in case he was thinking of a plan again.

"I have an idea." He said suddenly and turned his head so that his visor met your gaze. Something about his reaction was off. You had a bad feeling about this.

Two minutes later, you stood alone and shivering in front of the giant door of the building. You weren't exactly cold, but this place gave you the creeps. The giant, black walls extend far up, the top of the building couldn't be seen as it was swallowed by thick, dark clouds. No lights, no sign of any life. Only darkness and a strong feeling of vulnerability.

"Why the he'll am I even doing this?" You muttered, while carefully pushing at the giant doors.

They swing open way easier than you expected. You took a deep breath, before you took a step closer and looked inside.

The first thing you saw was nothing. It was dark. But not the natural dark. It was more like a void. A black void that seemed to stare back at you. A shiver ran down your spine as you stared into the darkness.

"Hello?" You asked, your voice trembling and echoing from the walls you couldn't see.

The sound grew louder and louder, it seemed like more voices joined until it didn't sound like your voice anymore. Panic filled your heart as you listened to the noise, until it suddenly stopped.

You swallowed hard. Now, you had a really bad feeling about this. Something about this place was off. Was it the dark void you were looking at? The thousand echoes? The strange fact that it was foggy everywhere except in front of the building? Or just the simple but strong urge to turn around and clenching on Fett's arm again? Everything seemed very correct.

Suddenly, someone, or more something, whispered behind you and with eyes widened in shock, you spun around, trying to make out were the sound came from. But there was nothing. Not a single living thing to be seen. Slowly, you turned back to face the open door. Why, again, where you doing this?

It costed all your courage to overcome your fear and step inside. The darkness swallowed your body. There was no trace of light and suddenly it felt like your entire happiness was washed away, was replaced by a strong feeling of power.

Your instincts told you to turn around, you're entire body screamed to stop walking, to run away and never come back. But there was something else. Something strong, something powerful. An invisible force pulled you forward, making you take one step after another, closer to the darkness, further away from the light of the entrance. Something pulled you inside, something called for you. Something dark, something powerful, something ancient.

It called for you, it screamed your name, screamed for you to find it, to free it from its suffering, from its pain.

No thought crossed your mind, only a feeling spread in your head. It felt empty. You entire body felt empty. Like it was a shell with nothing inside. Your feelings, your memories, your thoughts, everything was gone. Your body seemed to move from alone, your mind clouded more and more as you stepped further inside the darkness, further inside the citadel, until you were completely gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there.

Sorry, this is a short chapter again and also with no action in it, but I hoped it was as creepy as it was my intention and it scared you at least a little bit(°°)

If not, I have to work on it in the future, but now, I'm gonna get some rest, coz I have school tomorrow and I'm pretty exhausted (mostly from studying)(T-T)

Hope you had had a good day and I see you in the next chapter!( ^ω^ )

Bye guys!