Inside the Mystery Shack

The bell above the door sounded. "Oh boy, a customer..." Dipper muttered. Mabel ran over and answered the door.

"Ooh, I love your hair!" Mabel exclaimed.

Dipper looked at who Mabel was talking to. Gwen.

Gwen smiled. "Thanks, I like your sweater." She looked at Dipper, and nodded once. Then she looked back at Mabel.

Dipper shrugged and continued reading the journal. He was honestly just looking through it for nostalgia, but stopped when he noticed another handwritten note. Green writing just beside the information of the bottomless pit, depicting a small drawing of the journal, as well as a caption that read "Found this after it came back up." As he kept flicking through, he saw more and more of these notes, eventually stopping at the page that Ford had ended the journal. Flipping the page, a new introduction page had been added to the journal. About Gwen. He couldn't complain, seeing as he had done the same, but looking at someone else's discoveries of new creatures and explorations of Gravity Falls, it was surreal. Like looking in a mirror, somewhat. "Hey, can you come over here for a second?" He said. Mabel looked at him strangely, but shrugged and flounced off.

"What do you want?" She said, walking over.

"Why are you here?" He said, shutting the journal.

"Pacifica? She told me to meet her here."

"Pa- Pacifica? Oh, she's with Wendy right now. Probably in the back room or something. But I wanted to ask about this-" Dipper opened the journal once more to Gwen's introductory page.

"Well, it only seemed fair I should introduce myself after you had, and what better way to kick off my tellings of the discoveries I've made." She shrugged, walking to the back of the gift shop. "I should go."

"You need a pass to go back there. Or someone who works at the Shack. I'll come with you." Dipper replied automatically. "Hey, Mabel? Will you cover for me?" He yelled over his shoulder.

"Sure thing, Bro Bro!" Mabel yelled back.

"Perfect. Let's go." Dipper said, leading the way.

Gwen followed after him, keeping a safe distance away from anything lining the house. When she spotted the "mermaid", though, she shuddered, causing her to walk quicker, causing her to bump into Dipper. "Sorry."

Dipper pushed her away a bit. "No problem. They're just back here." Dipper held the curtain aside for the girl to walk through.

"Thank you, Pinetree-" She coughed.

Dipper stopped in his tracks and turned around. "What did you call me?"

"Sorry, Pinetree hat guy." She smiled.

"Please don't EVER call me that again. C'mon." Dipper said, breathing heavily. She walked through to see Pacifica getting a snack from the vending machine.

"Hey, Paz. How you doing?"

"I'm alright, Gwen. And don't call me that." She said, bending down to pick up the snack.

"'Kay, Paz." Gwen said, waving to Wendy.

Pacifica rolled her eyes. "Oh, hey Dip."

"Hi Paz." Dipper said, putting an emphasis on "Paz".

"Oh, not you too..." she said, opening the bag of Doritos.

Gwen laughed, then turned to face her cousin. "Pazzy, we gonna go soon?"

Pacifica ignored the new nickname. "Yea, we probably should."

"See ya, Wendy. Bye, Dip-Dot." She smiled, then walked out with her cousin.

Dipper cringed at the new nickname and went over to talk with Wendy.

"Hey Dipper, what's up?" Wendy asked, sipping a Pitt Cola.

"Oh, nothing, just... that new girl. The Northwest." He said, watching Wendy spit out the pit.

"Yeah, what about her? She seems fine enough."

"It's just that... nothing..." he said, rubbing his arm and blushing.

"Come on, dude, you can tell me." She smiled.

"You're just going to laugh." Dipper said. He knew Wendy, and she probably wouldn't. But he didn't want to tell her.

"Maybe, but you won't know until you tell me."

"No. I'll tell you later. Just... not right now." Dipper said.