CHAPTER 8

i wasn't going to update but y'all commented a lot on the last one so here's a present

BEY POV

I've been driving around for the past couple hours just listening to music and thinking. I didn't want to be around anyone but with the way gas prices are, it would've been better for me to just sit in one place.

I also smoked.. a lot. Way more than I should have. I had to find somewhere to park at one point so I could think straight.

The sun was coming up but I still wasn't ready to go home yet. I stopped and got some food from Chick-fil-a and ate in the car.

This was actually really nice, I haven't had any real alone time since me and Nicki got married.

Speaking of Nicki, she's called me a couple times and after I finished eating I called her back.

"Bey? Where are you?"

"You wanna go get Papa from Megan right now?"

"Yeah sure."

"Okay be ready, I'll be outside in a couple minutes."

"I love you."

I accidentally hung up before I realized what she said but I was already on my way there so it wasn't the big of a deal.

When I was down the street I texted her saying I was there and she liked the message.

When I got there I could see her looking out the window and I smiled. She came out in one of my hoodies and some shorts but when she got closer I could see that she was crying.

I got out the car and gave her a hug. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I sat down in the car and brought her into my lap. "What happened?" I rubbed her back to try to calm her down because she was crying in my neck.

"Y-you're just going to say I'm pregnant but I'm not, I'm getting my period soon." She was hiccuping and stuff and I still don't know what was making her cry like this.

"Tell me please. I don't like to see you cry."

"You don't love me and- and you made me sleep alone. I don't like sleeping alone in that big house."

I wasn't going to say she was pregnant but I was definitely thinking it. She wouldn't act like this normally.

"I just needed some time alone." I'm not going to tell her I'm not mad at her because that would be a lie. "I do love you, I just hung up too fast."

"I don't like sleeping without you especially knowing you're mad at me with no clue where you are. Don't do that anymore."

"It's better I do that than stay and say something I'll regret. I didn't want to be around you, you and everyone else pissed me off."

Lord knows how badly I wanted to punch someone. Well I did but more than twice.

"What did I even do? All you do is call me weird."

"You are weird. If I did half the shit you have done to me to you, the entire world would've ended but as soon as I try to say how I feel I'm just crazy or it's "Bey when was the last time you went to therapy." Just because I struggle with my mental health sometimes doesn't mean I'm not allowed to appropriately react to things."

There is nothing I hate more than that. People always try to make me more crazy than I already am so they don't have to acknowledge my feelings.

"I'm sorry."