CHAPTER 13

i barely survived writing this

NICKI POV

I woke up in bed alone again. I could tell by the light peeking through the blinds that it was already morning, luckily I slept through the whole night. Probably because of the drinks I had last night.

Before I went to find her I went and brushed my teeth and used the bathroom. I checked the time on my phone and we still had some time before we had to leave for our flight.

I checked the basement first since that's where I usually find her but she wasn't there. I checked the kitchen next and when I didn't see her I went to the living room where I found her sleeping on the couch.

Why is she sleeping on the couch?

I shook her by her shoulder and she turned on her side. "Wake up." I whispered and lightly hit her back.

"Hmm?" She was still half asleep and she rubbed her eyes.

"Why are you sleeping on the couch? Get up and go to bed." I pulled the blanket that was covering her halfway off her.

She got a blanket and everything?

"I'm fine." She pulled the blanket back up over her face.

"Your back is gonna be hurting later, go to bed. I'll wake you up when it's time to go." She finally opened her eyes and sat up.

She stood up and walked right past me upstairs. She could've at least said good morning or thank you.

Earlier when I was checking the time, I saw a text from my manager saying to call him whenever I saw the message.

I went into the kitchen to find something small to eat until I can eat in Houston. The food there is too good, I need to keep space in my stomach.

I got on the phone with my manager and we ended up talking for almost an hour about my career.

Since I got married to Bey I haven't really been doing anything, we've both just been staying to ourselves in the house.

He said he wanted me to get back making music and making appearances and all that other celebrity stuff. I also have to get on social media and talk to my fans more but that's not difficult.

After I got off that call I was in a working mood so I pulled up my emails and started replying to the ones I wanted to.

I answered more emails and dms until my alarm went off for me to go and wake Bey up.

I went upstairs to our room and she was sprawled out sleeping in bed. I patted her back- more like slapped her, until she woke up.

Damn she must've been really tired. I just don't understand why she left bed to sleep somewhere else.

"What?" She sat up with an attitude.

"It's time for you to get up, we have to leave in a couple hours."

She took the blanket completely off her and sat down with her feet on the floor. "Are you okay?" She's been acting different all morning.

"Mhm. Tired."

"Okay well go get in the shower and I'll make sure we have everything packed. Do you want anything to eat before we leave?"

She shook her head no and stood up, I was following her every movement with my head so when she fully stood up she was towering over me and I was looking straight up at her.

She took a hand and rubbed my arm reassuringly. She kissed my forehead once before walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

I was stuck in the same position, she kissed my forehead? I don't think she's ever done that to me before. Very weird.