SIXTY FIVE

Day 789

SANDRO

"They look good together." Louise mumbled beside me in the church.

I snorted. "Tell that to Kaleb and he will throw a party."

Louise laughed beside me and watched Kaleb and Dani grace the dance floor with their first dance as husband and wife.

"Hindi ako makapaniwala na si Kaleb tinutukoy ni Dani na naghahabol sa kanya." My wife said, shaking her head.

Apparently, she and Dani have been friends ever since Dani and her kids spent the Christmas in our house in Baguio. They talked and kept contact for I don't know how long.

"Well you better believe it." I told her.

Minutes later, the newlywed couple were finished dancing and invited everyone in the dance floor.

I'll Be by Edwin McCain was on play when we went to the dance floor.

"I like this song." Louise giggled as we stood there in the middle of the dance floor.

I smiled. "It's old and gold."

She smiled as we swayed together. In my eyes she was still the most beautiful woman I have set my eyes upon. She was still the woman I wanted to be with until I'm old and grey. Nothing changed. The distance wasn't much of a big deal and the further apart we were together, the more I missed her presence, the more I made it a habit to visit her in Baguio every weekend or every work break.

On some days, she was busy. I waited for her patiently while she manages the events business she put up with Spencer. Vincent and I would sometimes just sit in the van with Reika and play video games with her or talk about stuff and wait for our wives to finish their work then eat dinner together.

Vincent would often ask me if we are back together but I just shake my head and deny it. We're kinda back together and kinda not. It was still long distance and my wife is still in Baguio busy with the career she has built for herself while I am in Manila and Ilocos Norte because of my responsibilities as a public servant.

Mom tells me we look like teenage kids playing around. Eh kung magsama na lang daw kami at bigyan siya ng apo. I laughed it off and told her Louise and I we'll fine.

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder

I'll be love's suicide

And I'll be better when I'm older

I'll be the greatest fan of your life

"I'll be the greatest fan of your life." My wife sang along while looking at me.

I chuckled. "Oh really Mrs. Marcos?"

"Did I flatter you Mr. Marcos?" She grinned.

"You have flattered me all right." I replied.

"I told Dani we'll be babysitting her kids on her honeymoon. Hope you don't mind." She told me.

"Why?" I asked.

My wife frowned. "Ayaw mo? May dinadala ka ba sa bahay naten at binibira sa kitchen counter?" She spat, eyebrows raised.

I covered her mouth. "No and please don't talk kalye words. It made literally made me cringe." I replied, widening my eyes.

She smiled. "Good. Kiss mo ako." She ordered.

I looked at her, confused. Louise just smiled and tiptoed to kiss me herself.

---
"Lunch is ready." Louise called our attention from the kitchen. The kids and I were playing sungka in the living room that day.

"Oh I love food." Dani's daughter, Victorique beamed.

I messed with her hair. "What's your favourite food?" I asked her while we walked towards the dining table.

"Maybe the pasta tita Louise always makes whenever we go to her house in Baguio." She chirped.

"That's my house too little girl." I told her and carried her. She looked pretty as a little kid. She looked like a mini Dani.

Victorique's eyes widened. "Ohhh. You both have the same house. That's cool. Are you siblings?" She asked.

I chuckled at her innocence. "No."

"Are you two a couple then just like mama and uncle Kaleb?"

"They're not married. Tita Louise will be my wife when I grow up." Alexander suddenly spoke.

My eyes widened at him.

"How old are you again?"

"I'm ten. I'll be man enough and I will ask her to marry me." Alexander replied, shrugging his shoulders.

I made a face. "You're still a kid."

"I will ask her to wait for me." He answered.

"Kain na." Louise spoke, looking at us.

"Will you subo me my food?" Alexander asked.

Anak ng.

"Okay sure." Louise replied, smiling.

I saw Alexander smile with victory on his face. If this wasn't a kid I would have castrated him already.

The viand was Sinigang but I didn't have the appetite because of some kid in front of me smiling from ear to ear as my wife spoon feeds him like he was a baby.

"Hindi ba masarap?" Louise asked me, holding my hands.

"Masarap love. I just don't have an appetite." I replied, intertwining our hands together.

Alexander took her other hands. "Ask me tita."

Louise's brows furrowed. "Ask you what?"

"Kung masarap."

My wife laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Why? Hindi ba masarap?"

"Masarap po and I would love to taste your cooking every day." He beamed. Ang kapal ng mukha ng batang eto. Aagawan ako ng asawa.

"The kid obviously likes you." I told Louise when we were settling down in our bed.

She rolled her eyes. "No he doesn't."

"He was just telling me a while ago that he would marry you when he grows older." I retorted.

Louise sat down, brushing her hair. She had it coloured with highlights and a bit curly. Beach waves according to her. She looked so pretty especially when she tucks in her hair behind her ears.

"Ano ka ba Sandro. Bata lang yan. Hindi niya alam ang sinasabi niya. Kita mo paglaki niyan mahihiya kapag pinaalala mo ang pinagsasabi niya." She replied calmly.

"Fine," I grumbled and sat beside her. "When are you going back to Baguio?" I asked.

She looked at me. "Bakit? Excited ka na bang paalisin ako?"

"No. I was just asking."

"Hindi ko pa alam. Do you want to go for a vacation in a while?" She asked.

"We could do that since holy week is fast approaching. Let's go to London." I suggested.

Her eyes twinkled and nodded excitedly. "Let's do that."

Two eternity days later, Dani and Kaleb came home from their honeymoon and I was so glad to hand the kids over to them.

"How was babysitting?" Dani asked.

"Fun but Alexander is no fun."

She laughed. "Oh he is fond of Louise."

I made a face. "He wants to marry her."

"You getting jealous over a ten year old kid is fun Sandro. Have a good day."

I just rolled my eyes and closed the door.

Louise was still sleeping on our bed when I went back to our room. I kissed her cheeks and embraced her close to me. She still feels like home. I just hope this is the time that she is finally going to say she is coming home to me. 

--
How are you so far? Care to share?:))