SIXTY SEVEN

Play the song to feel

THIRD PERSON

Ferdinand Alexander Marcos III was tearing up as Kaleb Cruz began to strum his guitar on stage. It was already the there. The sign of Louise's entourage after the little girls scattered the petals roses on the glass floor set up. The aisle was surrounded by flowers too. The church door opened where Louise stood there holding the bouquet of white and red flowers.

"Oh my eldest is crying." Attorney Liza beamed beside her son.

"Real men cry." BBM retorted.

Sandro laughed at his parents and put his arm around them. He felt nervous as if it was the first time he was marrying his wife. Louise really looked beautiful in her Dani Ramirez gown. It was a gown gifted by Dani herself. The gown was an A-Line laced wedding ball gown with Swarovski crystals embedded on it.

You hold me up when I'm breaking down

And you kept your faith in me

Who would have thought that in a blink of an eye

You'd be the best part of me

And through my darkest hours

You're bringing light to my life

And now I'm keeping you forever

We'll never have to say goodbye

Louise was already crying herself while she slowly walked the aisle. Her dad held her arms tight because she feels like she was going to faint in any second.

I promise to love you with all of my heart

With all of my soul for the rest of my life

And with you by my side, I know

I'll never lose my way

And I know it ain't easy to be away

But I have decided

In your love I would stay

And until that day, I can hold you

Oh babe

I'll be faithful to you.

Sandro's tears began to fall as he watched Louise walking in the midway of the aisle. His two best man, Simon and Vinny gave him handkerchiefs. He chuckled at them and took both.

"Told you. He would cry." Simon whispered to Vinny.

"I heard that." Sandro spoke.

And the seasons may change

But my love will stay the same

I'm keeping all the promises I made

Through the storms and rains

It will never fade

Coz whatever it takes...

Sandro held out his hand as Louise stood at the end of the aisle. This was it.

LOUISE

Nanginginig ang mga kamay ko habang hawak yung vows ko. My eyes were teary too. Naiiyak talaga ako habang nakatingin kay Sandro na naiiyak din.

"Sandro," I started and took a deep breath. Hindi pa nagsisimula ay naiiyak na talaga ako. It was finally here, the church wedding that we planned years ago. Nangyayari na. "You were supposed to be a diversion from the reality that is chasing me," I saw him chuckle. "I never wished any of these. Ang tanging pangarap ko lang noon ay makita ka at magpa-picture sayo. Yun lang. Pero nung andun ka na sa harap ko, nanliit ako sa sarili ko. I told myself, ay, ang hirap abutin. Ang hirap hindi ma-insecure," The audience laughed pati yung pari ay napatawa. I smiled and continued my vows.

"We bumped into each other a couple of times and I found myself slowly falling into you and I was scared because in the first place, I am just a nobody with a lot of life dilemma's. Yet it didn't matter to you," Napatingin ako kay mama Liza, tito Bong, Simon at Vinny. "Or to your family. So thank you, mama Liza and tito Bong at may ginawa kayong Sandro Marcos," They all laughed. "All of you accepted me especially you," I looked at him with a smile. "You kissed away my insecurities, gave me reasons why I should own up my mistakes, move on, start anew. You made me whole. You gave me the things I have always thought I wouldn't have- love, peace of mind, family, kids. We may have lost Iris Imelda but she bought happiness within us in the span of thirty five weeks and I thank God for it. I thank God for giving us a baby girl who showed us how beautiful love is despite the highs and lows of life ahead of us," I saw Sandro nodding his head while wiping his tears. I gave him a smile. "I also thank God for giving me you despite of my wrongs, he still blessed me with an amazing man who will be with me for the rest of my life and I am proud to tell you that Iris would be an ate soon," His mouth gape in surprise. Pati si mama Liza ay tuluyan nang naiyak.

"I love you Sandro. I always have and always will. Just like the song that I always play. I am ready for the highs and lows. Always. Say it will be you and me to the old days."

SANDRO

I think my eyes were puffy after Louise's vows. I took a deep breath and stared at the piece of paper where I wrote my vows.

"Once upon a time, Economics has laws which no person, society or government can escape. Well, credits to Ludwig von Mises to that," They laughed. "If I was to compare it with love, I think it is arguable that both are the same. Two and a half years ago, I wasn't looking for love. My past relationships made me want to focus on the career path I have set out for myself. Then one day. A 4'10 curly morena girl came to my life. I wasn't ready. I had everything planned except love. Unknown to me, she would be the love of my life and the woman God sent for me to be with. We met a couple of times in different places until I followed my instincts and asked you out," I saw her smile. "It wasn't planned. It was on a whim until I found myself I could no longer escape the reality that I am falling deeper into your deep-set eyes, smile, scars and everything about you. You made me want to protect you from the world and everything in between. You made me want to make the world a better place. You made me the man I am today. We fought about a lot of things. From past exes or from the media and society who kept on chasing us. Some were good, some were bad and at some point it affected our relationship together. Yet in the end, we chose to compromise. It wasn't love at first sight nor the kind of love I was expecting for myself. I just woke up one morning beside you, my ray of sunshine that I want to spend every waking moment with you," She was crying already. I gave her the handkerchief Vinny lend me.

"So I married you and it was one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me. The marriage life was not a walk in the park. We had our struggles especially when we lost our little girl and became each other's crying shoulders. Taking a break from our marriage made a huge toll on me. I could not count how many bottle of beers I have emptied, thanks to your childhood friend who is singing the songs on our wedding," They laughed. Kaleb gave me a middle finger sign. "Or the nights I have cried and wanted to say I miss you but needed to be strong for our sakes. We got back up on our own, found ourselves once again and here we are on the wedding we have envisioned two years ago,"

"I love you Louise. I love you. I love you. I love you. I am excited to hold and teach Ferdinand Yllak, Celestine and Naomi how to ride a bike, play scrabble or spend vacations with them in Baguio," I looked at my father in law in the front seat. "Thank you for letting me marry your daughter. I wouldn't have the chance to know her if you did not get angry with her in the first place," I saw him chuckled and give me a thumbs up. I looked at Louise and smiled at her. "Thank you for staying. Thank you for being with me despite everything else we have gone through and thank you for coming home. I love you Louise, always and forever."

Louise and I were crying already at the end of my vows. I saw my mom crying too beside my pops.

"Well what should I say aside from, you may now kiss the bride." The priest spoke with smile on his face.

I chuckled and held my wife's nape then kissed her fully on the lips.

---
Masaya?