6| Night club

"We are each our own devil,
And we make this world our Hell."
~Oscar Wilde

AZALEA's POV

My heels clicked against the marble floor mingling with the clacking of Carden's boots, as we made our way inside the club, 'The Devil's deal'.

The club is owned by the Italian businessman and is one of the finest clubs in the whole of London, particularly for the elites and the wealthy.

The Italian Devil, a businessman is what people know him worldwide, and he's the type who, while not directly involved with mafias, greatly influences and finances them and has enough cash and power to destroy every single one of them.

Like that of many other businessmen, his cash finances the underworld and most illegal activities, but he rules over it all.

The real underworld King- the devil himself.

This Italian devil is truly more dangerous than the Mafia leaders themselves, and the fact that he finances and is friends with the top-tier Mafias of the world makes him even more dangerous.

I've never had an encounter with him and hope to never meet him, but I sure as hell have to admit that the man is something else.

A very dangerous man which makes him even more appealing..

As I walked through the gates and entered the Devil's den, Carden and I made our way to the VIP section and ordered our drinks as we took our seats by the counter.

The stomping beats of the music reached my ears which was blended in with the humongous amounts of chatter, together with screaming and howling coming from the dance floor.

My mood has greatly turned bitter and the only medicine I needed was the fervid liquid that burned as it ran down my throat.

"You might want to slow down, mate." Carden muttered as I had already gulped down two glasses of scotch.

"Go mind your business." I said to him as I motioned him towards the dance floor.

"Kick ass." He smirked encouragingly, as he stood up and patted my back before making his way downstairs to the dance floor.

Don't have to tell me twice

Even if I got drunk as a skunk, I could still manage to lazily kill a group of herd, which Carden was well aware of, and which is why he didn't hesitate to leave me alone.

Instead of chugging my drinks, I began to slowly relish the fiery liquid. I allowed the loud bass of the music to vibrate through my entire body as I enjoyed the feeling of being slightly intoxicated.

I looked around the brightly coloured room in search of Carden, who looked midway through his way to take a beautiful blonde home, seeing how they two were eagerly grinding in the middle of the dance floor.

Carden leaned in as he whispered into the blonde's ear, placing his lips against the back of her ear, and within seconds they looked ready to take off.

That's my boy..!!

He quickly winked at me, a knowing grin on his face, before moving his hand down the blonde's back and locking his gaze with his latest accomplishment.

Resisting the urge to roll my eyes at him, I took hold of my glass and raised it up in the air, silently congratulating him for his newest victory.

I took another sip of my drink, downing in the burning liquid as the pleasure from the lingering after-effects clogged my senses.

Carden waved at me and then made his way out of the club with his girl for tonight. I gulped down the remaining liquid before getting up and grabbing my jacket, as I manoeuvred my way to the ladies room.