8| Plan

"A best friend is necessary in life to realise how a person could be so selfless even after not having any blood relations."

AVIANNA HOPE COHEN's POV

-6 years old Avianna-

Six month.

It's been nearly six whole months since we've been here in this facility, which is slowly but steadily trapping us into our own personal little hell.

Those horrible people beguiled us by hitting straight at the most sensitive subject, cajoling with our emotions, and imprisoning us in our awaiting cages, as they mercilessly clipped our wings.

On my first day in the facility, I made a new best friend, Liela. We talked all day and I introduced her to my older brother, Carden, who then introduced us both to his new roommate mate, Evan.

Seeing how protective Carden was of me, Evan assumed the role of being Liela's older brother, and the four of us became a group of best friends.

The same night, at dinner, we were escorted to the dining room and our master informed us that his team had located our parents and they were going to come to pick us up the next day.

Hearing this news, we were all ecstatic, and the four of us swore to remain best friends even after we left with our parents.

Azalea was the happiest among us all, she also showed me to her Mr.cuddles and told me how her parents gave it to her as a parting gift.

I was overjoyed as well.

Carden was the only family I've ever known of, our parents dropped us off at an orphanage right after I was born, and Carden was only two at that time.

At least that's what our caretaker told us.

When the next day came, Evan was the first one among us to be requested to the office, followed by Azalea, both of whom returned with tears in their eyes.

I couldn't talk to her at that moment because Carden and I were called up right away, and when I returned from the office, I was left with my hope beginning to crack for the first time.

They informed us that our parents didn't want us and had requested the facility not to contact them again.

They didn't want us–

There was not a single child in the facility who returned home with their parents, and it was their first tactic of breaking us.

The second day was spent with a gloomy atmosphere that pervaded the entire facility.

Why weren't any of us good enough for our parents?

It was the question in everybody's mind, and we got the answer on the next day at the daily meeting.

Because we were weak!

The facility then began the process of transforming us because they wanted to help us become strong.

We all abided almost instantly because we were kids who had been rejected by those who brought us into this world and were supposed to love us.

And all we've ever wanted was to be accepted.

So becoming the strongest was something we all aspired!

But what we didn't realise at that time was that the whole process came with one extreme twist, it wasn't just a training to become strong, it was a programme to make us the world's vicious killers.