Dude Looks Like A Lady

DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY

Mackenzie

I knocked on the dressing room door and without waiting for an answer, I opened it and poked my head around the side. Harry Webber was standing there, stuffing a big piece of cake into his pudgy face. When he saw me, he stopped mid bite. I smiled and put on my endearing voice. "Excuse me Mr Webber, can I have a quick word?"

He chewed and swallowed quickly then raised his hand. "Young lady, you're not allowed to talk to any of the..."

I ignored his protest, slipped into the room and closed the door behind me, interrupting him before he could say anything else. "Fantastic pageant isn't it Mr Webber?" I breezed confidently. He looked confused. "I'm just loving it, aren't you? Can I call you Harry?" I paused. "Or maybe...Harriet? Or is that just at the weekends?"

I watched and his faced turned from the colour of doughy pastry to a bright shade of scarlet. I've never seen anyone look so horrified in such a short space of time.

"What the...?"

"It's ok Harriet, your secret is safe with me. I mean, I don't see what the big fuss is about anyway. So you like to dress up in women's clothes and go out to seedy clubs? Everyone has their little kinks. I'm sure if people were to find out about it they would understand." I hesitated, "Well...maybe not your wife, especially as it's her clothes you're wearing most of the time. Oh and maybe not your kids either, that would be kinda hard to live down at school."

He choked on some crumbs that had been in his mouth but that he'd forgotten to chew due to his current state of shock.

"Anyway," I continued happily. "I'm throwing a big party tonight at my house to celebrate winning the pageant and I just came to say that I'd love it if you would come and present me with my Go1Den ticket personally."

He faltered, like he was trying to find the right words, then a look of defiance spread across his face and he squared up to me. His whole body was shaking with anger and the blood had rushed to his head, turning his face purple. "I can't...I mean I won't....I WILL NOT be blackmailed." He was raging.

I smiled my sweetest smile and opened the door to leave but just before I closed it, I popped my head round it again. "Oh I forgot to say, your wife is invited to my house for the presentation too. She's sitting on the front row isn't she? Or maybe.....I'll tell her myself...."

"Why, you little..." Suddenly he lunged towards the door but I was too quick, before he could take another step, I'd closed the door and was skipping off down the corridor feeling very pleased with myself.

When I reached Leah and Angelina I had to chuckle to myself. They were crouched in stealth mode against the wall with their backs to me, their heads poking around the corner as if they were cops staking out a joint "Done!" I exclaimed loudly, close to their ears, making them both jump out of their skins.

"Oh my God! How did it go? Do you think he's going to fix it for you to win?"

"Well, I don't know. I guess it depends how important his reputation is to him." I pictured him, his jowly chin shaking, scarlet with rage. "He didn't seem very keen on the idea so...I just don't know."

I stopped walking when we reached the contestants changing rooms at the far end of the corridor. "Wait here, I need to use the restroom."

The second I stepped into the room and passed the changing area benches, I heard giggling coming from the mirrored make-up area behind the lockers. I went to walk towards the toilets but stopped still all of a sudden when I heard talking.