Carpe Diem!

CARPE DIEM!

TILDE

“The glitter eyeliner looks so cool with the falsies Tilly!” Amy applied a coat of mascara to my new 'super duper' lashes while Emma stood behind me, teasing my hair with a comb. I watched her in my dressing table mirror, her tongue poking out in concentration.

“Ems. You’re doing your retarded face hun.” She quickly pulled her tongue back in and started raking up my hair at the back and sides.

“I’m putting it into a messy bun but leaving a few strands down at the front. I’m gonna curl them a bit so it’ll be kinda rock chic.”

“Cool! I love it!”

I reached out my arm as far as it would go without moving my head, grabbed a pink cupcake with sprinkles on and shoved it in my mouth. “Mmmm..cfff cwake.”

Amy stepped back and stared me in the face, admiring her make-up artistry. “Why can’t I be you?” she sighed. “Jacob is so ridiculously hot, I don’t think he’s even human.”

“Well, you never know, I might find out later just how human he is,” I winked.

“Are you gonna do it with him? Seriously?” Emma stopped combing and suddenly both eyes were on me.

“Might do,” I shrugged nonchalantly. “I’ll see how it goes. I can think of worse people to do it with my first time.”

Amy shook her head slowly as she drifted off into a fantasy world of her own. “Oh…my…flippin’ God. I can’t think of anyone more perfect to do it with for the first time! Do you think he’s got a big…?”

“Car?” I interrupted. “Yep, it’s a ‘Volvo’. Very roomy.” I nudged Emma in the side and she groaned.

“All done!” Emma engulfed me in a cloud of hairspray and I jumped up and hugged her so hard that she let out a little squeak.

“Ems, I totes love it! It’s so rock chick!” I skipped over to my knicker drawer. “Look at the fab tights I bought to go under my denim shorts. They’re patterned so that they actually look like they’re stockings and suspenders. Cool huh?” I reached into my wardrobe and pulled out a black skinny fit t-shirt with the slogan ‘Champagne wishes caviar dreams’ emblazoned in purple and silver across the front. “And I got this! I love it, bit grungy and so, so cool.”

“That’ll go perfect with your purple DM boots” Emma added, concentrating on moving a strand of my hair into a different position, her tongue making a re-appearance.”

“Not just any old purple DMs anymore.” I rolled across the foot of my bed and fumbled around in the bottom of the wardrobe, pausing for dramatic effect. “Ta da! I blinged them!”

“Get the fudge outta town!” Emma yelled. “You pimped your DMs? I love them!”

“I’m going for it tonight girls. Carpe diem!”

Amy’s mouth was open. “Is that what they’re called?”

“What?”

“The boots? Carpe DM’s?”

Emma and I collapsed in a fit of giggles on the bed before I eventually gathered myself, holding onto my aching sides. “No, you waz bag! Carpe diem! It’s Latin. It means ‘seize the day’ and that’s exactly what I intend to do. Life is not a dress rehearsal and… OH MY GOD!” I yelled as the two of them jump out of their skins. “That reminds me! I’ve come up with the perfect wacky idea to win us a Go1den ticket!”