Chapter 2

(I Am Woman By Emmy Meli)

Daytona's Pov

Brakes - Check
Boots - Check
Padding - Check
Helmet - Check
Gloves - Check but they are horrible

I kept going down the list over and over again.

"Jareds! You're up!"

I rolled my motorcycle out of the garage I was stationed at and stood at the starting line.

I mounted the bike and clipped my helmet. The adrenaline was taking over my body and I felt myself calm down.

This is my element.

The gate dropped and it was a fight for first, as always.

The bell rang for second period. I hate school so much. Especially since I'm the new kid. I've been here for about a week, I've made two friends.

They are dating. Ryder and Ember, and they've slowly become my everything. Even in the small we I have known them.

"Daytona!" Ember ran down the hallway, the sound of her uniform shoes hitting the floor.

They were so loud, I would always get a headache from them. She was trying to put on her blazer as she ran down the hall, Ryder running behind her holding her book bag.

"Ryder Valentine please stop running." One of the staff members called out.

He wasn't exactly a good kid, so he always was told to do things to "better" his act.

Ember collided with me causing me to be taken back a bit. I bumped into a person which caused me to slightly panic.

"I'm so sorry!" I spoke quickly, bending down to pick up the things I knocked over.

"No- No you're fine." He spoke as fast as I did.

"You have nice hair."

"Thank you? You as well-" He laughed nervously as I picked up his book and handed it to him once I stood back up.

"How was your race?!" Ember exclaimed excitedly, pulling me away from the male.

I smiled at him before turning around.

"It was fun, great, amazing. The usual." I smiled.

Ryder walked up, still holding his girlfriend's bookbag.

"I watched it on Youtube! I do have to say, it was amazing."

"Yeah, a couple turns were sloppy. I need to get better gloves. My gloves have like no grip at all."

"You got third, I think you're doing great!"

"Third is bad when my normal is first."

"Don't be so hard on yourself. Winners aren't winners until they lose." Ember said with a smile as she took her book bag back from Ryder.

"Easy for you to say. You're hot, you get your way."

"Thank you for the compliment but I would like to think you're hotter."

We walked into class and sat down at a table together. I crossed my legs and pulled down my skirt. I hated the uniform so much.

I pulled my socks up, they are knee highs, probably the only good thing about this uniform.

A group of kids walked in laughing, causing me to put in my headphones. The guy I bumped into walked in, beanie now pulled on his head, and a necklace hanging down from his neck.