Chapter 5

(Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes By Edison Lighthouse)

Wilbur's Pov

I was sitting in the library because in all honesty, who likes going to lunch. I told Daytona that I would be here and she said she would be a little late. But she wasn't a second late.

She waltzed right in, immediately getting told to be quiet. I smiled as she made eye contact with me, smiling herself and walking over. She sat down on the floor next to me, and crossed her legs.

"I hate this uniform." She mumbled, taking off her bag and setting it to the side of her.

"Hello Daytona."

"Hello to you too, Wilbur."

"I swear I'm going to burn this uniform."

She pulled up her socks that were falling and ran her fingers through her hair.

"First period was-"

"Block."

"Oh yeah, please Wilbur, teach me the difference."

"Period, as you weird people call it, is block. First Block, Second Block, and so forth."

"So period is just a block?"

"Yes, and we are not in highschool-"

"But we are the age to be in highschool."

"That doesn't mean we are in high school. High school for us is secondary school."

"So secondary school is highschool, and highschool for me to you guys is college?"

"Exactly."

"That's different."

"It is but, you'll get used to it."

"Wait, then what do you call elementary school?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Elementary school, like first grade-"

"Oh! Primary School."

"Primary what now?"

"It goes, Primary School, Secondary School, College, and then university if you want too."

"This is going to be so difficult." She huffed before leaning back against the wall.

"It's not that difficult, it just takes some getting used too."

"Also, was that your number that texted me yesterday?"

I had gotten a text last night, but didn't want to answer because I did not know who it was from.

"Did you not like my kool aid man meme?"

"Makes sense now."

I took my phone out of my pocket and saved her number.

"You left me on read."

"In my defense, I didn't know who texted."

The peaceful silence took over us both. The soft smile was still present on both of our faces.

"Do you have work tonight?" She faced me and asked.

Her hair was laid behind her shoulders and she had a couple pieces in front of her ears, which seemed to be annoying her.

"Yes, I want to call off though, but I won't."

"Why won't you? I can tell that you always work, from just the little amount of time I've known you, I can tell."