Chapter 26

(Died In Your Arms By Cutting Crew)

Phil's Pov

I had no idea what to do. I had just gotten off the phone with Kristin. I had told her that I needed to leave.

I didn't expect to see Daytona in the car. I thought I was going to help strangers.

But now the girl that my best friend is in love with, lost Consciousness in my arms.

"Is- is she going to be okay?" Max asked me as the ambulance approached us.

"She's a fighter." Is all I said.

I couldn't promise him anything.

The other car wasn't damaged as badly and the driver got out with little to no problem. You could tell something was off by him though. He was strange, very skittish, very nervous.

As the paramedics rushed to us, my hands started to shake and everything started to set in.

The tears fell from my eyes as they quickly took her from me and put her on a stretcher. I rubbed my hand over my face as I got into the next ambulance with Max.

There was no way in hell I was leaving him alone after he just watched his sister fight for her life.
He was strangely quiet now, and I knew that wasn't like him. Wilbur had told me how he was always energetic and crazy. Now you could hear a pin drop.

"Are you related to him?" The paramedic asked as I got into the back of the car.

"The girl-"

"He's my brother-in-law's best friend. He stays." Max spoke harshly as the woman nodded and the car started moving.

I didn't even notice the blood on my hands until they started wiping it off.

"I think I might vomit." I mumbled as they started tending to Max.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket, before deciding to shut it down. I couldn't bring myself to see anything right now.

Once we got to the hospital, I followed quickly behind the paramedics before they stopped me in a waiting room. I paced back and forth, while waiting for someone to show up.

They said that they were calling there father, I didn't know how to fucking react. I was panicking. I was terrified.

"Did I just watch the love of my best friend's life die?" I mumbled as I dropped my phone on the floor, the screen shattering upon impact.

I didn't even pick it up. Instead I slid down the wall and sat on the floor next to it.

"What the hell happened?!" A man ran in the hospital yelling.

A younger girl, and a male, and an older girl came in quickly behind him.

"Sir-"

"No! What the hell happened? Where are my kids?!" The male shouted as the other male tried to pull him back.

"Dylan, don't act like this, they might kick you out."

"Someone tell me something here!" He shouted as the tears streamed down his face.

"Your daughter and son were in an accident. Your son is suffering from a broken wrist, and some bruises, and scratches on his face."

The male let out a deep breath before he held it again.

"My daughter?" He asked, quietly.

"I do not have an update on her. Last I know, she was rushed to surgery. That man- that man over there-" she pointed at me, and I looked straight at all of them.

"He found them. He seems to know your children as well."

They all walked over to me and slid down the wall next to me.

"Who are you?" The younger girl asked.

"Wilbur's best friend."

"Shit! Wilbur! Shit shit shit!" The older girl repeated as she fumbled, getting her phone out.

"Someone call his parents- oh fuck." The younger male said as the older male grabbed his phone and handed it to them.

"I cant- I cant tell them. I can't even bring myself to think that this is real." He whispered as the other male took his phone and got up.

"I'm Ember, Daytona's best friend. The man on the phone is Ryder, his sister Liana, and that's Dylan. Their dad."

She seemed the calmest. She was probably trying to hold it together. You could tell she was freaking out though.

"Daytona mentioned you guys when I pulled her out of the car-" I paused as I leaned my head against the wall.

"They're going to pick up Wilbur from work. Then they are coming here." Ryder said, sitting down.

"You pulled her out of the car?" Dylan looked at me like I was some sort of god.

"I pulled them both out- I didn't know the boy was with her, but she told me. I met your daughter once, and god, I never thought I would be in that position, but I don't regret it at all. I would help her again in a heartbeat."

"You said, she mentioned us...? What's that mean?" Liana questioned which made me want to vomit again.

I looked over at Ember.

"She told me to tell you to fight for your fashion career. That you deserve it, and to make sure you don't give up."

I looked over at Ryder next.

"To fix her bike and give it to Liana when she's old enough. Dylan keeps her racing bike."

Ryder then broke down crying, and Liana covered her mouth with her hand. Ember let the tears fall now as I looked over at Dylan.

"She told me to tell you that you have been the best father and coach that anyone could ask for-"

I felt panicked more as all of our heads turned to the door when we felt the air change. It was like we knew, that this would be the hardest moment of the night.

"Phil- What's going on- Where's Daytona?!" Wilbur asked as he noticed all of us.

"I cant-" I tried to speak but started crying.

"Phil? Why are you here? Someone please tell me what's going on!"

His parents walked in behind him and tried to help him calm down as one of us tried to get the courage to speak.

1025 Words