Chapter 8

(Mr. Brightside By The Killers)

Wilbur's Pov

Phil, Kristin, and I were in a discord call as the BMW S 1000 RR (second generation) crossed the finish line first.

We were watching her race on a youtube live stream, and god, did she do amazing. I learned from Phil that the motorcycle she picked me up on was a Triumph Bonneville T120, from the way I described it.

I had left my parents in the living room so I could watch this. Which they were confused as to why I left so quickly, but they didn't mind.

"That's her?!" Kristin yelled as Daytona took off her helmet, and ran to hug an older man.

I assumed it was her coach. I saw Ember and Ryder in the stands behind him, with a younger boy who looked a lot like Daytona, to which I assumed she was related to him.

"That's her." I confirmed with a smile forming on my face.

"God Skylar. She was- is-, so beautiful."

"Wilbur, she's like- a greek goddess-" Kristin said, mouth hung open as she stared at Daytona.

"She is greek!"

"That just adds to it. If she was a Greek Goddess, I would say she's Athena." Kristin spoke as I smiled.

"She definitely would be."

The camera cut to her, standing next to the older guy, and an interviewer. We all stopped talking and our attention was drawn back to the live.

"Jareds! How do you feel that race went?" The interviewer asked as she smiled.
"I think it went as well as it could've. Of course looking back at it, there are some mistakes i made-"
"Like cutting that last turn in the second lap a little wide." The male spoke, she then rolled her eyes as the taller man laughed.
"There are a few things I still have to practice, but it was a good run today." She smiled, letting go of a deep breath. She looked at the camera with a smile, and I felt my heart stop.
"How does it feel to be in first after your run last week?"
"It feels good, but I needed to lose last week so I could learn from my mistakes."
The male nodded in approvement and held a smile of happiness. He was proud, you could tell.

"Will, she is stunning." Kristin spoke with a content smile on her face.

I talked with them for a while longer before going back out to my parents. We played a couple card games and watched a show. I looked at the time and it was around 7:30.

"Hey, I'm gonna go hang out with a friend."

"It's raining, how are you going to get there?" My mother asked as I put on my coat and shoes.

"It's not raining hard, I'll be fine." I smiled, opening the door, not giving them a chance to fight with me on it.

I started walking to her flat with a smile on my face. I couldn't wait to see her, I've been looking forward to it all day.

I also wanted to talk to her about meeting Phil. I wanted her to meet him so badly...

I texted her that i just left my house, and she texted me back that she was ready and waiting for me. The rain started to slow as I made it closer and closer.

Once I got there, I didn't even need to text her. She just ran out and hugged me with a smile present on her face.

"Hi Jareds." I mumbled as my chin sat on her head. She may be almost as tall as me, but I could still do this.