Chapter 28

(Only Love Can Hurt Like This By Paloma Faith)

Wilbur's Pov

*Present Time*

"I sat in the hospital for days. For days, Skylar. I refused to leave her side. I didn't care how long it would take. But by the start of the third week, my parents forced me out. They told me that she wouldn't want me moping, but I couldn't bring myself to believe them. Even though they tried to keep me home to take a break from the heartache, I still visited her everyday. I brought her daisys everyday. Every fucking day, I showed up with flowers and sang her a song, talked to her about my day, told her how streaming was going, told her how much I loved her, told her how much I missed her." I said as tears ran down my face.

Skylar was sobbing, hand covering her mouth, and watching her cry only made me cry harder.

"I live my life every day dedicated to her now. My Angel, my love, my fucking everything."

"I'm coming to Brighton. I don't care." Skylar spoke quickly as she cried harder.

"I cant believe you kept this to yourself all this time. Wilbur, it must've been eating you alive."

"Oh it has. But I feel like I deserve it."

"Wilbur-"

"When I graduated college, they called my name, I walked across the stage, got what I needed, sat back down but it didn't feel right. They called me back up on stage at the end of it, and gave me her diploma. I have it hanging on my wall right next to mine."

Silence took over us. I had no idea what else to say. Skylar knew now, it wasn't just Phil or Kristin. Even though I went through all of the memories I try to hard to forget, I felt lighter.

"You did so good, Will."

I could hear her shouting that at me with such pride. Phil tried to join the call which caused both Skylar and I to freeze.

"Let him in, if you want." Skylar said, voice cracking as she started to type away on her computer.

I let Phil into the call and he took one look at both of our faces and knew exactly what I had done.

"Hi Phil." I said while wiping my tears.

"Hello Wilbur, hello Skylar-" Phil was cut off by a knock on a door.

Skylar's door swung open and there was 6'6 Ranboo, wondering why his girlfriend was in tears to the point where she was having trouble breathing. He calmed her down, and I cried harder as he did that.

I was supposed to be like him, with Daytona. I was supposed to calm her down in moments like this. I was supposed to make her laugh, make her smile. It was supposed to be me.

"There's still one more chapter in my book."

"Let's hear it then, Soot."

I smiled softly as Skylar drew her attention back to me. I didn't care that Ranboo was there. One day soon, I'll tell all of my friends about her.

516 Words