Chapter 24

(Need You Now By Lady A)

Daytona's Pov

"You are such a big bloody idiot!" I screamed as Max sprayed the hose on me.

"I'm trying to fix this you asshole!" I said sitting in front of my bike.

My engine needed a whole rewiring and I was frustrated. Ryder's car slowly pulled up and parked. Ember, Ryder, and Liana got out of the car. Max than stopped acting like a dick and started turning red.

"That's what I thought, pussy." I mumbled as he then sat down next to me.

"Shut up Day." He mumbled back as they walked over to us.

"Hi!" I said happily as Max hit me with his elbow, causing me to roll my eyes.

Ryder sat down on the other side of the motorcycle and Ember sat down next to him.

"How bad is it?" Liana asked as she sat down next to Max.

God that kid knew what she was doing. And I loved every second of it. She made Max look like a little bitch. He's already so in love with her.

"It's pretty bad." Ryder said as Ember watched him with a smile on her face.

They made me want Will, and Will was putting together his PC, and getting set up to start streaming. He told me that he wasn't going to stream today, but I kind of hoped he did.

He needed to start soon, and I constantly pushed him to his full potential. He deserved a good life.

"Can you help me then?" I asked him, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"I'm a mechanic for cars, not for motorcycles. But I can try. I've done my fair share of work on motorcycles. How hard can it be?"

"Bloody fucking hell!!" Ryder screamed as he tried to unscrew a bolt.

Ember was laughing at him as she sat with my dad. Liana and Max were in a deep argument about which one direction member was the best. Both Ryder and I were tired of this.

"My brakes are fucked. I need a new oil filter. Fucking hell, make a list." I mumbled, frustration getting the best of me.

Once the list was made I put on my jacket and took my dad's car keys.

"I'm coming with!" Max shouted as he got into the passenger's seat.

I rolled my eyes and laughed as I got into the driver's seat.

Once I started driving away, I looked at Max with a certain look.

"What?" He asked, seemingly nervous.

"What do you want?" I asked, as I turned down a street.

The car place was by Phil's house, maybe I should stop by and see Phil. That would be hilarious.

"Is it that horrible if I just need my big sister's advice?"

"It's not." I nodded my head as he turned down the radio.

"I like her, Daytona. I just don't know what to do- or what to say. I feel like I keep messing up. But every time she comes around I get so fucking weird."

"That happens sometimes. You can be so in love with someone, even if you have just met them. Just look at Will and I, I knew from the first moment I laid my eyes on him that I loved him-"

"You love him?!" He shouted with a smile on his face.

"Of fucking course I love him you dipshit! He saved my life, Max. In so many ways that a person can be saved."

We got to the car place and I started getting everything we needed. Max was just looking at everything in awe. Like I said, cooking was his passion, but this side of the world had a special place in his heart.

"Do you need any help miss?" A male came over, probably in his rough 30's early 40's.

"Not at the moment, but if I do, you're my guy!" I said with a smile and he laughed.

"You look familiar." He said as he tapped his finger on his chin in a thinking manner.

Max turned to us and laughed.

"She races! Going to champions next week!" He boasted very proudly, before grabbing one of the parts that we needed.

"Jareds! Your number 7! Oh my god! I went to your race the other day, and I do have to say you were fantastic!" He rambled on, causing me to smile.

"I'll take the picture!" Max said with a smile.

"You will?" The man asked, shocked that I would actually take a picture with him.

"Of course! Bring it in!" I said walking over to him after he handed Max his phone.

I held a thumbs up and he smiled widely.

This is why I did what I did. Not only for myself, but from the impact that I had on people.

We soon checked out and left. I was glad to be on the road again, though it was now 7 o'clock at night. Will was working so I knew that I could see him later. I smiled to myself as I thought back to him.

"Smiling like a manic." Max said, cutting me out of my thoughts.

"That's what happens when your in love."

"Yuck."

"Shut up, you already do it."

"No I don't!" He exclaimed loudly, causing me to laugh.

"Do I?" He asked quietly.

"You do." I said softly with a smile on my face.

"Can I get serious for a minute?" Max asked as the car came to a stop.

I looked over at him like he was crazy.

"You don't have to ask me that. Just say what you want to say. You know I'll always be there for you no matter what."

"Daytona, thank you for always being there for me. You do a lot for me, and it doesn't go unnoticed by me, even if you think it does."

I smiled softly as the light turned green and I started driving again.

A bright light caught me off guard as it came racing towards us.

I threw my arm in front of Max, holding him back. Before I knew it I felt my hands get fuzzy, and my heart started to race.

Next thing I know, I heard screaming.

1041 Words