15: Bad dreams

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘪𝘵.

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘸 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳.

𝘖𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦, 𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘫𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦, 𝘠𝘦𝘯𝘢, 𝘚𝘢𝘬𝘶𝘳𝘢, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘠𝘶𝘫𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦..." 𝘢 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘺

"𝘚𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦!" 𝘉𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥.

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘺...

"𝘛𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮" 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥.

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘥𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨...

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥, 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺

"𝘕𝘰!" 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘥. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘧𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺

This was the nightmare that haunted Chaewon's dreams the night of the sleepover. 

Sure, she could have told Minju about it without revealing she was a spy, but then she wouldn't have the full story. She wouldn't understand the reality of it. Because for most girls, this was just a delusion. For Chaewon, it could happen. Which was why you shouldn't form connections in the spy business. You couldn't always save everyone. 

So, Minju wouldn't understand her troubles. But that was okay. In fact, this was actually what she liked most about Minju. With her, she didn't feel like all the pressure fell on her shoulders. With Minju, she could just be a normal girl.

-

"Now, remember. Anything could be important. Pay close attention to everything" Sakura lectured them. 

"Sakura, at what point are you actually going to say something you haven't already said within the past five minutes?" Yena whined. 

Sakura was pacing around their hideout where the girls had chosen to meet. "I'm sorry, I'm just stressed. Even without Chaewon's nightmares, More information about the mission could come in any second, and we're already forming bonds with normal girls!" Sakura stated.

Chaewon winced, already regretting telling the girls about the nightmare she had. They were being way too overprotective. 

"Guys, you're making too big of a deal out of this. It was just a dream"

I woke up shaking.

"I'm not a baby"

I'm the second youngest out of us.

"I'm a spy, just like you. And yeah, these things are a little scary"

Horrifying.

"But that's what we signed up for! So just... forget that I told you... okay?"

Yujin sighed. Chaewon knew she wasn't convincing, but that didn't stop her from trying. 

"I'm serious" she said in a voice that let them know that she really was serious "Let. It. Go"

Chaewon seemed pretty innocent on the outside, but she could be pretty scary when she wanted to. 

"Fine" Sakura sighed "But, we need to do our best in this mission. And if you're not motivated, the sooner this finishes, the sooner we get away from letting our feelings get in the way of our missions. So we are NOT letting this slip out of our hands. Do you understand?"

"We understand"