Hospital Horrors

FAYE'S POV 

I watched Mom's lifeless body sprawl across the examination table.

"Again," someone yelled, his harsh eyes turning towards me, "Get the kid out."

I stood frozen watching. I felt hands on my shoulders and my body being pushed backward. I could see my mom rise and fall again.

"Hey, hey, hey," A doctor said walking towards me. Her eyes were bright blue and drew mine into focus and away from the chaos. "You don't want to be in here. Let's get you to the waiting room."

"That's my mom," I cried. "She needs me."

"That's why you shouldn't watch," The doctor nodded, "She has the best people working on her. We'll take it from here. Okay?"

"Got a rhythm," the doctor called out in the background. "Okay people, lets get her to the OR. Stat."

I choked back a sob trying to escape my lips and nodded. Mom still looked lifeless with all the cords running across her body.

"What's your name?" The doctor asked seeing what I was looking at and moving to block my view.

"Faye," I shook.

"Okay, Faye," The doctor sighed. "My name is Amelia. Let's get you to the waiting area."

She wrapped an arm around me and started leading me away as I looked back watching them place a tube down my moms throat.

"Hey you're bleeding," Amelia said stopping and pulling my arm up.

I hadn't noticed the blood that had started falling down my arm and sweat through my flannel.

"It's nothing," I stuttered, "Please I want to see my mom."

"Sweetheart," the doctor said softly tightened her grip, as I tried to get away. "Let me clean this up."

"It's fine," I cried, "I just caught it on a spring under the bed."

"Yep," Amelia replied matter of fact, "This is getting cleaned and you are getting a tetanus shot."

"I'm fine," I said. "I've had worse."

"Not under my watch," Amelia said.

"I just want my mom," I cried.

Amelia led me to a small room off to the side and pushed me down on a bed.

"Sit," She said sternly. "Take a deep breath."

She knelt down in front of me one more and placed her hands on mine. I looked away and gulped trying to push the tears down. Amelia still saw them and reached up, brushing the stray tears away with her thumb.

"Your mom has the best surgeons in Seattle working on her," Amelia said in a calming manor, her eyes shifting to be less intense. "I know how hard it is to wait when someone you love is elsewhere, but this is the best thing you can be doing. Now your mom would want you cleaned up and not possibly getting a disease, I'm guessing."

I wiped a tear from my eye, "Yeah."

"Okay," Amelia said softly. "Can you let me clean your arm up."

I nodded, "Yeah."

"Good," Amelia smiled squeezing my shoulder.

I watched her get up and pull a few things from a card sitting by the door.

"This is going to sting a little," Amelia said.

I winced as a liquid wiped away the blood. I could feel something relive the pain and a bandage going on over it.