-4- Unwanted Memories

I was a normal Sans, or at least as normal as a Sans can get, I knew about the Multiverse and AUs but never thought much of it as it didn't affect me.

"Sans!" my younger brother Papyrus calls "Guess what?" He bursts through my bedroom, the shorter skeleton smiling brighter than the artificial sun we live off of. Papyrus is tall, yes, but, compared to me? Not so much.

"What is it bro?" I chuckle putting down what I was working on.

"The old Royal Scientist is coming back to help me with a project!"

"What?!" I stand up so quickly my chair falls back.

"Isn't it great?" Papyrus asks, oblivious to my anger.

"Pap-" I sigh putting on a smile "Of course it is, when is the Doctor coming?"

"He's downstairs waiting." Pap says

"Well then, let's not keep him waiting any longer." I say grabbing my jacket, putting it on as I follow my brother downstairs to the living room where a tall skeleton -shorter than myself but taller than Papyrus- is sitting on the couch.

"Papyrus, is this your brother?" The skeleton asks

"Yup!" Pap nods "This is Sans, Sans meet Dr-"

"W.D Gaster," The tall skeleton grabs my hand and I immediately pull back, my haphephobia acting up.

"Hello Dr." I sneer "what brings you to my lovely abode?"

"To help your brother of course," Gaster says with false sweetness as if it was an obvious fact that everyone should know "But first, can we talk privately?"

"Of course." I say copying his tone "I was just about to suggest that. Pap can you make dinner?" I change my tone when I talk to my brother.

"Yeah, of course!" Papyrus says going into the kitchen,

"Let's go to the basement. You know the way,"

"That I do." Gaster says.

"So," I say once the basement door is closed securely behind us "What are you really here for, Dad?"

"What do you mean Sans?" Gaster asks.

"Gaster," I sigh, "I know you hate Papyrus as much as you hate Toriel. So what's your reason?"

"WH-AT?!" I yell after Gaster tells me

"Sans?" Pap calls downstairs "Are you alright? I heard screaming."

"Yeah, I'm fine bro, but the spaghetti might not be."

"Oh, shoot!" the door closes as Papyrus runs off to check on the spaghetti

I turn back to Gaster growling

"Calm down Sans." Gaster says

"Gaster, I'm not a bleeping idiot!" I growl when my system beeps out my cursing.

"Did-?" Gaster asks smiling

I nod. "Why did you have to come?" I groan "And today of all days."

"What's wrong with today?" Gaster asks making me jump

"Oh, nothing." I say quickly, scratching my cheekbone nervously. "What?" I noticed Gaster's strange look.

"What's on your face?" Gsaster asks

Shoot! I look down at my hands noticing the slight tint of blue on my pearly gray hands, "Wh-what are you talking about?" I ask

"I thought you knew better." Gaster says standing up, walking around the table, to in front of me "Look up." He commands and I'm forced to listen, looking up at him even though it's not really necessary.