Ch. 2

Everyone's eyes were on the owner of the voice. It was an old man in a butler's clothing. The duke called his name signalling him to continue.

"Fennel."

"I have seen lady Penelope go up and down the third floor quite often these past few weeks."

At this point on..Jin-woo was already pissed and if one would see his face they couldn't be able to afford offending him any further but somehow these people keep digging themselves in their own grave. Jin-woo trembled in anger and slowly lifted his head and eyes that was fixed on the dress then looked behind.

Third floor...third floor...necklace...room..stealing...I have no idea what you are talking about!

Jin-woo bawled his hands into a fist...so much that his nails started digging into his palms.

It's no use playing nice when people like these couldn't even treat me with respect.

"have you personally witness me grab that necklace and put it in my room? You mentioned it was the third floor then there must be other rooms that I could've went in , right? Or you did not think of the possibility of that happening ? Just like I said earlier—You just jump into conclusions even if you don't have enough proof to support your statements. You also said that I've been visiting the third floor for the past 'few' weeks if it's true that I stole the necklace I would've stolen it on the very first time I set foot in this godforsaken place. I have no idea whether you people are idiots or just oblivious."

Sung-Jin-Woo glared at the old man that spoke as his eyes started to burn in anger. With that everyone's breathing pattern became unstable. As if the girl that they treated like a pushover up until now had become a completely different person and immediately asserted dominance among them.

I know I'm a little harsh for an old man.

I know I just said that I did steal it earlier and now I'm denying their claims but I cannot bare to just carry this gut-wrenching feeling of not trying to prove my innocence for something I did not even do.

*tap* *tap*

The area was quiet and the sound of liquid dripping was immediately noticed by people.

Jin-woo slowly turned his head from the sound coming from his hands only then did he realize that his nails dug really deeply into his palms. It was bleeding and the blood was dripping to the floor.

His vision started to get blurry and he's getting dizzy.

I'm feeling a little tired...

The duke immediately told the servants to call a physician and went to where Penelope was but when he was about to check Penelope's hands the girl fell on his arms.

.

..

...

....

"-my liege!"

"my liege can you hear me!?"

So noisy...

"My liege you're awake!"

Jin-woo woke up to the sound of Beru's screeching.

As he opened his eyes the first thing he saw was a giant ant staring at his face almost kissing him.

Jin-woo wore an annoyed face and slapped Beru using his right hand that was wounded last time earning a screech of worry from his shadow soldier.

He sat up and rubbed his temples.

"My liege are you okay!?"

Beru quickly healed his master's hand

I'm fine. Beru tell me what happened.

"As you may have notice already. This is not our world. We lost contact with you for a brief moment and when we opened our eyes we've noticed that your appearance and body had change. I've tried looking for a clue by exploring this place earlier but not a single trace of those things that we were fighting earlier can be found as if they completely dissapeared. I doubt we've been abducted either. The insufficient mana and strength these humans possess are too low and weak so I'm certain that...  "

That I died?

"..."

It's fine. I'm more curious on how you guys are still here with me despite the fact that this isn't my body. Moreover , Other than just normally transmigrating...why is it that it has to be a small body of a girl...I don't know whether I fainted because of fatigue or because this body is just way too sensitive. Beru hide in my shadow for now do not make a single move without my orders.

"Yes , my liege."

Beru said as he faded out of thin air and hid in his master's shadow.

Jin-woo looked at his hands covered in bandages.

Seriously , bleeding from something like that? how delicate....I'll find a way to get out from here but for now...let's gather as much information as we can regarding this situation.

Just as when Jin-woo was lost in his thoughts he suddenly sense someone coming towards his room.

Hmm? Someone's coming towards my room.

Jin-woo quietly waited for the door to open to see who the suspect is.

*creak*

He squinted his eyes to take a better look at the stranger's figure.

"Good afternoon my lady , you're finally  awake. How are you feeling?"

huh.

Jin-woo stayed quiet as he examined the person that just went in.

It's a girl in a maid outfit and is probabbly over 10 to 11 years old. Her hair was tied to the right side in a ponytail style. She has freckles all over her cheeks , Brown hair and Light brown eyes. She held a calm facade but Jin-woo still sensed that the girl felt annoyed and displeased.

"Miss , please give me your hand I need to change your bandages. After this I'll inform the duke that you've woken up."

The girl did not wait for a response and suddenly grabbed Jin-woo's hands harshly but was startled when he immediately shook her hand off of his hand.

He suddenly realize something.

"Wait."

"huh?"

Not giving an answer to the girl. He looked at the door which he assumed is the bathroom and walked up to it.

.

..

...

Jin-woo exhaled heavily and slid his back down to the door.

That was a close call.

I almost forgot Beru healed my wounds.

It'd be a problem if that girl sees my injuries suddenly dissapear.

So...

Does the inventory still work?

All of a sudden a blade appeared in Jin-woo's hands. He smiled and let out a sigh of relief.

It seems that I still kept my skills even though this is not my body.

He removed his bandages off and placed them on the tiles of the sink then looked at the knife.

I'm gonna have to be careful. I hope it won't be that deep.