Ch. 7

--

"Penelope..."

This is making me feel like I've possessed the body of a criminal that needs immediate restraints...

"What?"

The two figures stood at his doorway awkwardly. One was the duke and the other is his second son.

"Penelope , your brother said that you were planning on running away. Is it true? I came here immediately to check but-"

The duke stiffened and felt that he had just ask a stupid question.

This child is my brother?

"You did! She jumped out of her window and told me that she was running away from home. I saw it with my own two eyes."

The pink-haired boy interrupted.

This traitorous snake-I never planned on running away. I told him that I'll just be out on a walk!

"I never moved an inch out of my bed. Plus , It's physically impossible for my body to land safely on the ground from over a fifteen feet tall distance. You're delusional."

"Stop lying!"

"You're the one that keeps lying...You're accusing me for something I did not even do-again."

Sung-jin-woo said as he turned around , his back facing at the other two , clearly emphasizing the necklace incident that occured a few days ago.

• • •

The atmosphere was terrible.

"If you have nothing else to talk about , please leave. I need to take a rest."

His brother left angrily , giving up at the argument , afraid that his father might find out that he was the one that put the necklace on Penelope's room.

"Penelope are you angry at me?"

Anyone would if you disturb their sleep.

"No."

"Then why aren't you calling me father anymore?"

"huh?"

Jin-woo faced the duke , his face filled with a confused expression.

"I asked why you're not calling me father anymore."

The duke frowned , his eyebrows furrowed.

Ah...what the-this guy is my father? No wonder I felt extremely uneasy earlier. Of course he'd act like this. Who wouldn't be distraught if their daughter had suddenly stop calling them "father"! he must've been heartbroken.

"uh-that's..."

What do I say!? I can't just casually tell him that I'm actually someone from another world that somehow possessed this child's body after dying. He'll think I'm crazy!

•••

"Ah...You see , I'm just a little tired and I'm still shocked for what happened so I am not really acting like how I usually do. Sorry for making you worry. I hope you understand."

That was one hell of a sh*tty excuse! Calling him 'father' is a bit awkward in this situation so it'd be better if he just leave for now.

"...Alright , rest well. Don't be afraid to talk to me if you have something in mind that is bothering you , Penelope."

*click*

"haaah..."

So I am that man's daughter? He's a duke. That must mean I am someone of nobility as well.