Ch. 3

As soon as he was done. He immediately washed his hands to remove the blood excess and put the bandage back on hoping the maid wouldn't suspect anything but just as he was about to unlock the door Beru blocked his path.

Crying.

Again , he slapped beru in the face but he was too short so instead he hit his hand on the tip of Beru's mandibles.

"My liege..."

Didn't I tell you to not come out unless I give my orders?

"But my liege!...A king shouldn't hurt themselves and I , as your servant shall protect you from any harm! especially since the body you are in is fragile!"

Beru.

"Yes my liege?"

Clean the sink.

--

Jin-woo got out of the bathroom and saw the that the girl was still there standing.

He quickly sat on the bed and gave the little maid his hands.

Both were quiet and the atmosphere between them was awkward. Neither parties plan on starting a conversation with each other.

The girl changed her lady's bandage quietly without suspecting a single thing but when she was done with the left , she took a look at the other hand and noticed that it was bleeding profusely through the bandage.

The maid was a bit flustered with the wound's condition but still asked.

"Miss! What happened here?"

oh.

"I must have hit it somewhere."

Jin-woo replied as he had flashbacks of slapping Beru in the bathroom earlier.

"Should we call a physician again?"

The maid ask with a worried tone as she went to the door.

"No."

Jin-woo was so focused on staring at the bandage on his left hand that was tied up in a big ribbon. He did not even realize the maid was already planning to leave.

"I'll tell the duke about this."

"N-"

He snapped back to his mind , sprinted on the door and blocked it.

"AH!"

At the blink of an eye he was already in front of the maid. The air impact made the girl fall but before she could land on the floor he catched her hand and pulled her back to her feet.

"uhm...sorry before you leave can I ask you a few question?"

The girl still could not get over what happened just now and beads of tears formed in her eyes as her shoulders trembled in fear. She felt like a prey that got caught by her predator.

"I'm really sorry , are you okay?"

"I-I...no..I mean...yes..I'm okay. Miss , how did you-?"

"You do not need to call me 'miss' or 'my lady' just call me by my name."

"What!?"

I don't know whose body is this yet. So this is the perfect way to know it. I'm not very good at remembering names so I forgot what they called me on the first time I came here. I just hope that she cooperates with me.

"I'll call you by your name too. If that's okay."

"O-of course it would be okay...you can call me anything you want but I am in no place to just say your name so casually for I am just a mere maid , my lady!"