Chapter 10

Maddie's POV
The last few days were going by so fast! Regionals is just around the corner and we're training super hard to succeed and win this championship. Mom and dad are working non stop as they found the person who was responsible for the explosion. But now they have to find the other persons who want to make damage somewhere else. I'm walking out of school when I see Gabby and Matt waiting for me. I wave to let them know I saw them but Jason comes up to me. "Maddie can we please talk?" He says almost begging. "Can you just leave me alone? I don't want to talk to you again." I say and try to walk further but he stops me. "Mads, come on. Don't be like this. What we had was special, real special." Jason says. "Not special enough for you as you decided to go for another girl right?" I say furiously. "That was a mistake, a real mistake. I promise you she meant nothing to me. Nothing! Can you please forgive me and maybe we can start over again?" He says. "Well, no. Now leave me alone." I say and push him away. Jason grabs my arm and turns me towards him. "HEY, Let her alone!" Matt rushes towards us and pushes me beside him. "What do you think your doing man?" He says angrily. "Wow dude you don't need to be this irritated. I'm just talking to my girlfriend okay? It is none of your business." Jason says. "Girlfriend? Like I told you last week. It is done. You did this yourself. Now for the last time leave me alone!" I say and head towards Gabby. "Maddie! Just think about it!" Jason yells after me. "Last warning buddy. You don't want me or my squad getting mad." Matt says and he walks with me. "What an asshole." I say. "Forget about him. He doesn't deserve you sweetie." Gabby gives me a hug. "You good?" Matt asks. "Yeah, thanks for backing me up. He just doesn't seem to get it." I say and give him a hug. "No problem, he messes with you he messes with us. Now let's go to the firehouse shall we? Your dad called me and asked if we could pick you up. There tracing someone down." Matt explains. "Oh okay!" I say and jump in the back of the car.

"There she is! How is the shoulder Mini-Halstead?" Kelly comes up to me when we walk into the firehouse. "Great! The fracture disappeared so it is all okay now. Thanks again for helping me back there." I say. "That's fine I'm just glad you got all better." Kelly says. "Come on, let's get you something to eat." Gabby says and we walk over to the kitchen area. I say hi to everyone and we sit down with a plate full of great food. "SQUAD 3, TRUCK 81, AMBULANCE 61. Car crash at highway." It sounds all over the firehouse. Everyone gets up immediately and get to the cars. "Mads just stay here and don't go outside okay? Play with Pouch or do your homework got it?" Matt looks at me. "Sure, go save lives!" I say and watch them taking off. I grab my books and start working on my science homework.

Hailey's POV
I'm observing a young man with Kim for a few hours now but it isn't very exciting as he hasn't left his house since we got here. "Donut?" Kim hands me one. "Thanks." I say and start to eat. "Burgess, Upton, anything on Milo?" Voight radios. "Not yet sarge, no movement outside the house since we got here. He is still watching tv." I answer. "Good stay in position." Voight radios. "Copy." I say and put my radio back. "So how is Maddie nowadays? Talking yet?" Kim looks at me. "Hmm no she is not. Jay and I try to stimulate it but she won't talk a bit. It's like it is top secret." I say. "She will talk to you. I just know it." Kim smiles. "Yeah probably, woah where did Milo go?" I say and look around. "There, at the front door." Kim says. "Sarge, we got Milo walking out. What do we do?" I radio. "Arrest him." Voight radios. Kim and I jump out of the car and raise our guns. "MILO, CHICAGO PD STOP WHERE YOU ARE!" Kim calls out. Milo looks up and his eyes widen. He gets his gun and starts to shoot at us. I point my gun and shoot him in his leg. He falls down and starts to scream. Kim and me run towards him and handcuff him. "You bitch, you are so going to regret this." Milo looks at me. I raise my eyebrows. "Oh yeah? I'm not the one who faces a lot of jailtime." I say and take my radio. "5021 Henry, shots fired by the police. Need a ambo for suspect now." I say. A few minutes later the ambulance arrives and the paramedics get out. We get Milo on the brancard and Kim gets in the ambulance with him and the paramedics. "I'll follow behind." I say and rush back to the car. My phone goes off as I drive behind the ambo. I decide to put it on speaker mode. "Upton." I say. "Hailey what happened?" Voight asks. "We're good sarge. Milo thought he could take off and made a run for it. He started shooting right away so I shot him in his leg. He is stable and on his way to Med, Kim is with him and I'm following behind." I explain. "Good, we will be there in ten." Voight says and ends the call. In the meantime we arrived at Med and I park my car before getting to the ambo. "He is still stable and decided not to say anything anymore." Kim gets out of the ambo with an annoyed face. "Typical." I say and we walk in. "What do we got?" Maggie comes up to us. "25 year old man, shot in his leg. Stable. Hasn't lost consciousness since the incident." One of the paramedics speaks up. "Allright go to Baghdad. Dr. Rhodes! Dr. Halstead! A little help here." Maggie calls out and the two doctors come in to help. My phone buzzes and I pull it out to check. A message from an unknown number. I open it and see a photo of me in front of the ambo just minutes ago. What the.. "Found you." A text pops up. Then the team gets in and I put my phone back in my pocket. "Hey you good?" Jay comes up to me and gives me a kiss. "Yeah, we're good. I'm good." I say and we wait for news on Milo.