Chapter 15

Jay's POV
"So how long has this been going on?" Voight looks at us. The whole team came together and we explained what happened over the past weeks. "Since we caught Milo. I got the first text after that but I didn't think something of it back then. I ignored it and a few days later I got another text." Hailey explains. "And he called today and described where we were and where Maddie was standing and doing." I say and look at Maddie who looks like she is having a breakdown any second. "What if that guy knows where we live? What if he is waiting for us there right now, we can't go home! He knows everything. Oh my g.." Maddie stumbles. "Mads stop, we are going to figure this out okay? We'll find this guy." I say and pull her towards me in a hug. "I'm scared dad." She whispers. "I know you are baby. I got you." I say and tighten my hug. "You're not going home tonight. We will get you in a safe house for the night and look further tomorrow." Voight says. "In the meantime we need to find this person. What are his or hers intentions and why does he pick Halstead's family. Let's find that out now!" Voight continues and the team gets to work. I lead Maddie to my desk and sit her down. "Why don't you just try to relax a bit while mom and I find this person with the rest of the team?" I suggest and she slightly nods. I give her a kiss on her head and get back to my team. "It looks like this burner phone is purchased two weeks ago. A shop called Multi Stars, on West Street." Burgess says and turns her screen towards us. We look at the map which shows the location of the store. "Okay, you and Atwater take a look at that store. I want footage from that day and everyone who bought something there. I want names, profiles, anything you can think of. Ruzek, Dawson and I get you guys to a safehouse. We take separate cars to not look obvious and being safe. Upton you go with Dawson, Maddie you go with Ruzek and Halstead you're with me." Voight says. We grab our things and get downstairs. Burgess and Atwater leave to the shop on West Street and Ruzek and me get to the cars. "Take care of her." I say to him. "You know I always do bud." He says and gives me a hug. The rest of our team and some patrol officers join us at the cars and we start planning. In the meantime Hailey helps Maddie in dark clothes so she won't stand out. I grab a hat and a black shirt and put it on. Hailey follows my lead and dresses the same, putting her hair up. "I want Dawson to take left here, Ruzek you go right and I take upfront. Every car has a back up car behind of in front of them. Don't lose each other and make it at the location safely. I want this clean and no messing around. Got it?" Voight says. I walk over to Hailey and Maddie and pull them towards me. "I'll see you in the safehouse okay? I love you girls so much." I say and give them a kiss. "I love you too." Hailey says and hugs us. Maddie looks at us tearfully. "Uncle Ruz is going to take such good care of you okay? He will protect you at all times sweetie." Hailey says. Maddie nods and Ruzek comes up to us. "Everyone get in your car!" Voight announces. "Come on kiddo, we gotta go." Ruzek says to Maddie, Maddie takes his hand and walks with him to his car. I wait with getting in Voight's car before I know for sure both of my girls are in their cars and safe. "Halstead?" Voight questions and I get in. The garage doors open and we drive away. We get into downtown Chicago and I notice some car following us. "Voight, blue SUV behind that red car." I say to my boss. He looks in his mirror and nods. He turns the car to the left and waits what the blue SUV does. It goes left as well. "Listen up, We are going to split up now. We're being followed. Blue SUV. Ruzek, Dawson you know what to do." Voight radios and he goes full speed upfront. I look back and see the blue SUV getting smaller but still following. Ruzek speeds beside us and takes the exit to the freeway. "NO!" I yell as I see that the blue SUV follows Ruzek's car. "Sarge we need to turn. He is after Ruzek and Maddie!" I say. "Halstead you know I can't do that. We need to get you safe in that house." He says. "Screw that! That bastard is after my daughter! We need to help them!" I say getting angry. "Ruzek knows what he does and he knows how to handle situations like this. He has a back up team behind him!" Voight says. "But-" I try but Voight cuts me off. "No, we're getting to the safehouse and Ruzek will do the same and protect Maddie. You know he will. We have a plan to follow Jay. I know this sucks but you have to think clear. This is our only option." He says and I slam the dashboard out of frustration.