Chapter 17

Hailey's POV
"LEAVE NOW." Jay yells. No. Maddie. I grab my gun and rush myself to her room and find her scared in her bed. "Come on, hide yourself in that closet." I whisper and hide her. "Mom.." Maddie cries and my heart breaks. "You're gonna be fine, just be super quiet for me okay?" I say and give her a kiss. I close the door and point my gun at the door. I slowly open it and see Jay covered in blood on the floor at the entrance. No. No. NO! "Jay!" I yell and I slowly move forward when I feel a hand covering my mouth. I kick and try to release myself but the grip is to tight. "Told you I would find you." A voice says. "Take care of that little girl." The voice says and everything goes black.

Maddie's POV
Something is wrong. It must be. I heard mom yelling dad's name but it got silent after that. Way to silent. My door cracks when it opens and I put my hands on my mouth to make no noises. Please don't find me. Please don't find me. Tears fall from my eyes but I don't even notice it. "Ah, there your are." a man says. The closet door opens and I look at a tall man standing in front of me. "You look like your mom you know that." He smirks and pulls me out of the closet. I start to scream but the man starts beating me up. I try to fight back but he kicks everywhere. I find a book and smash it into his kneecap causing him to groan and looking at me pissed. "Oh you little shit. You should not have done that." He says and hits me in my face. I feel blood coming out of my nose as I try to find a clear point to focus on. It has no use as he starts hitting me again and I lose my consciousness.

Jay's POV
Hailey! Maddie! I open my eyes and slowly sit up straight. I look at my arms and see cuts everywhere. My stomache has a deep cut and blood is flowing out of it. I grab a shirt and push it into it. "Arg!" I say out loud. My head is pounding, probably a concussion or so. I groan when I stand up and look around. The whole apartment is looking a mess. "Hailey?!" I whisper and get to our bedroom. I find a small pool of blood and panic rises in my chest. "HAILEY!" I yell and check the rest of the appartement. Hailey is no where to be found. The door to Maddie's room is slightly opened and I walk into it. Maddie is laying on the ground covered in blood. "MADDIE!" I yell and get to my daughter. I shake her shoulder a bit. Her eyes fluttered open as she gasps for air. She starts to breath heavily and panickly looks around. "Hey hey, sssh. You're safe. You're with me." I say and help her up. She bursts out in tears and I pull her towards me and hug her tight. "Th-there was this gu-uy and.." she starts. "Shh, we'll do this later. I need to call Voight okay?" I say. "Dad.. don't leave me." She cries. "I'm right here, just grabbing my radio." I say and quickly grab it. "Omg your stomach. You are bleeding." Maddie whispers and I look down. "I know. It's fine." I assure her and pull her into my side. I turn the radio towards a different channel and push the button. "Voight. You there?" I ask. "Jay? What's going on." Voight radios. "I need the team and an ambo. It is going wrong." I say and look at Maddie who is crying in my chest. "We're there in 15." Voight radios. I plant a kiss on Maddie's head and help her to stand up. "Dad, this doesn't feel good." She gets super pale and almost falls to the ground but I catch her. "Slow down there." I say and lead her to the couch. "Where is mom?" Maddie asks and looks at me in tears. "I don't know sweetie, I don't know." I say. "I want to see her." Maddie cries. "I know you do baby, I want that too." I admit. The front door unlocks and I look at it alarmed. Maddie hides her face in my chest. The team gets in and looks around shocked. "What the hell happened?" Voight looks concerned. "I don't know, there was a guy at the door who knew the door knock we agreed too. I opened up and immediately got stabbed in the stomache and pushed down. It went dark after that." I explain. "Where is Hailey?" Kim questions. Maddie starts to cry harder and I put my arm around her protectively. "I think that guy took her." I say and swallow my tears away. "Ambulance 61 responding. Arrived at location." The radio sounds. "5021 David, they can come up." Kevin radios back. "Sweetie, you need to tell us what happened to you." Voight kneels down in front of us and looks at Maddie. "Mom got to me and pushed me into the closet. She wanted me to be safe. She went away and I heard her screaming to dad. Then someone came into my room and pulled me out of the closet and started beating me. I dozed off after a few punches. He might walk weird though. I hit him in his knee." She explains. "Good girl, we're going to do everything we can to find your mom okay?" Voight assures Maddie as Gabby and Brett get into the apartment. "Wow, what happened to you?" Gabby asks concerned. "We both got beaten up." I simply say as they put their stuff down. "Do you have specific places that hurt?" Brett asks. "Dad has a cut in his stomache." Maddie says and she looks at me. I lift my shirt to show it. "That's crazy. Let me take a look. Brett can you take Maddie?" Gabby says and she walks up. Maddie looks at me with big eyes. "Sweetie it's okay, go with Brett." I say. "I want to stay with you." She says tearfully. I sigh but then Adam steps up. "I will stay with you, we are just going to sit in the kitchen and you can watch your dad from over there deal?" He says. Maddie nods and Adam lifts her up. They leave to the kitchen and Gabby starts working on my wounds. "Hey, focus here. Maddie is in good hands Jay." Gabby says to me. "Sorry." I say and look up to her. "You do need an head CT though and that wound should get stitches." Gabby explains. I look at Voight. "How are we going to do that?" I question. "We'll get you to the hospital, you two take the ambulance and we escort you. I nod, stand up and walk over to the kitchen where Brett is taking care of Maddie. "You have to stay awake sweetie." She says. "Hmm, I'm just super tired." Maddie says and leans against Adam. "I know, but you're probably having a concussion and since you had that also a few weeks back we definitely need you to get to the hospital." Brett says. "Ready to go?" Gabby says. "Yeah, but Maddie you can't walk like that." I say and look at my daughter who wants to stand up. "I'll get her, you shouldn't lift her with that wound." Adam says and he picks Maddie up. We walk downstairs and get to the ambulance where we get into the back. I sit next to Maddie who tries to stay awake. I put my arm around her. "Just stay awake for me okay? We're going to see uncle Will." I whisper and give her a kiss on her head. The sirenes go on and we speed off.