Death is a fascinating thing

(Jazlyn's POV)

Darkness. That was all I could see. I was hidden on the under side of my bed while my parents were being executed or worse, tortured. If my parents were going to die, they better die with out feeling anything. When I heard no noise after 5 min. I crept out from my hiding spot. I was wandering around the highway when I heard a gunshot. I was running for my life with a bunch of necessities in my backpack. I can't die today, I got things to do. Got a go. Got a go. The voice said in my head. I focused on that and I ran into a black Honda CR-V. Luckily the driver stopped because there was a woman and her oldest child in the front, while I saw that there were car seats in the back meaning that she was a mother, with kids who are in about Preschool. The person chasing me stopped, because he didn't want to cause a seen. The woman stopped, and quickly got out of her car. I was slowly slipping when I saw that I had been shot. Once I saw it, I started to feel pain. The woman ran to me, very quickly for her age, and asked me, "Darling, what happened?" 

"I got shot by a man who killed my parents." I said. The boy in the car got out and I recognized him as a kid in my old class. Kason. Wait, that meant that this was his mom. Ughhh, I can't take it anymore. 

"KASON! GET HER IN THE CAR! I'M GOING TO CALL 911!" Kason's mom said. 

She was on her phone speaking rapidly, while Kason picked me up. It seemed pretty easy for him to do, considering I was only 70 pounds. I was under weight, and that really wasn't a good thing. 

"Dam, your light." he said.

Kason's mom ran over to me and asked, "What's your name?" 

I couldn't concentrate because all my life, I've been undercover. I never had a real name, except for my last. So, I used a name that I thought made sense. 

"Uhhh, my name is Cora Whitlock." I said.

"You're lying. I can tell, because you took a while to tell me." Kason's mom said.

"If it helps, I'll tell you my name, if that builds you're trust." she said.

I nodded, because my energy was slowly slipping. 

"My name is Jacqueline, but everyone calls me Jackie. Unless you're my son Kason, then you call me Mom." she said.

I searched hard through my brain and the name Jazlyn popped up. 

"My name is Jazlyn Pintar." I said, confidently. 

"Thank you." she said.

Kason brought me to the back of the car, moving the car seats to the side. 

"I feel like I know you from somewhere, but I might not be correct, considering your name is someone else's." Kason said.

"Hmm, well you probably know me as Katie Nox, right?" I said, weakly.

"Yeah! You hacked into all of the boys phones and put a meme on the front. It was so funny by the way." he said.

"Everybody in? Good, we're going to the hospital." Ms. Whitman said.

~At the hospital~

(Kason's POV)

Jazlyn had passed out and was bleeding so bad. I heard the conversation in the room. I was genuenly worried for her. Even though she had a fake name, I was a little dissapointed that she wouldn't trust me with her real name. I don't even know why. I'll ask her later when she wakes up.

"What happened? Are you Jacqueline Whitman?" A nurse said.

"Yes, I called earlier." Mom confirmed.

"Ok, we will rush over to the ER and we'll get her patched up. The bullet looks like it didn't hit any vital organs." The nurse lady said.

"Well, how long till she's fine?" Mom asked.

"It could range from 2 days to 2 years. It depends on what she's like, but... she seems like a fighter. I also notice that she's had a past scar that goes against her left eye. Do you know what happened?" The nurse lady asked.

"No." Mom said.

"Well, it looked like she's been through hell and back. Like I said. She's a fighter. Please, wait here." The nurse said.

~After the surgery~

"Alright, you guys can come in." The nurse lady said.

Mom quickly rushed in, because I can tell. She worries about Jazlyn like she worries about us. She's clearly wanting a girl in the family.

"Are you alright?" Mom asked. Jazlyn stirred and sat up.

"Where am I?" she asked.

"You're in the hospital. You got shot in the shoulder." Mom told her. 

"Ugh." she said, as she banged her head on the pillow. "I'm getting out of here."

"No, the doctor said you aren't" Mom said.

"But I'm fineeeeee." she said.

"No, you are staying here, and that's final." Mom said.

Jazlyn sighed. "Fine. But please, anything but hospital food."

"Sure, I'll get some In-n-out. Kason, make sure she stays here. If she doesn't, call me." Mom said.

I nodded in response. This would probably be a good time to ask Jazlyn some things. 

Mom left the room and once she went to the elevator, I started to ask Jazlyn questions.

"So.... you're real name isn't Cora Whitlock?" I asked.

"Nope." she replied.

"Why did you fake you're name?" 

"Because my parents are spies for Indonesia, and I've been in the U.S. Navy working as a SEAL for 5 years." 

I was shocked. The U.S. Navy? Spies for Indonesia? What type of life has she lived? 

"So, um you're about 15 now?" I asked.

"What day is today?" she asked.

"Ummm, December 26. Why?" I said.

She sighed. "Well, that makes me 16..." 

"Wait, YOU'RE BIRTHDAY IS TODAY AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME OR MY MOM?! SHE IS BIG ON BIRTHDAY'S!!" I exclaimed.

"Well, yeah." she said.

"Then... Happy Birthday Jazlyn."