Gryffindor's (real) sword

(Jazlyn's POV)

Ugh, where am I? 

I felt something soft and when I looked up, I saw James' sleeping face. I then realized that I was sleeping on his lap. 

Wait.... THIS WAS HIS FUCKING LAP! 

I quickly got off and sat up. He woke up in a startle and looked at me sleepily. 

"Jaz? What are you doing? It's literally 2 AM in the morning. Not that I'm not glad to see you awake, but please for Merlin's sake go back to sleep." he said in his husky morning voice. I nodded and fell back asleep. 

~In the morning~

I smelled pancakes and woke up. I was apparently on a couch and James' face was right next to me. He opened his eyes and I saw them. 

"Did you know that your eyes are silver?" he asked. I nodded and he hugged me. My face was in his chest. I breathed in the intoxcicating smell of chocolate chip cookies. I snuggled in his chest and he let go of me. I honestly was a little sad that I couldn't be warm anymore. 

"Hey, glad to see you ok. Let's go get breakfast." James said, waking me up. I groggily got off the couch and realized that we were in a hotel room. There were no beds. Before I could open the door, James pulled me towards him, and he kissed me. 

James. Freakin. Potter. Kissed me. 

And I kissed back. 

I ran my hands through his hair and he had his hands on my hips. We moved in sync and I pulled away, needing to breath. He looked down and our foreheads met each other. 

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" he asked. 

"No, just needed a breather." I said. 

He hummed and before I could leave he grabbed my arm.

"Wait. I want to know if this was just a one time thing. Is it?" he asked. 

"Sure. But doesn't mean that I don't like you." I said, winking and I left the room. He seemed dumbfounded and I met up with Albus and Fred. They had plates of pancakes, eggs, waffles and bacon. Oooh, sounds good. I saw a cup of steaming coffee waiting for me. 

"Thanks guys. How was your morning?" I asked, plopping down next to Fred. I ruffled Albus' hair along the way. 

"Good, slept well. But I should ask, how was your sleep? You guys used protection right?" Fred asked. 

"OH HELL NO! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR MIND?" I yelled at him. Other people stared at our table and I gave them my middle finger. They looked away and I sat down.

"Jeez, chill out gurl. Don't be one angry bitch yet. You haven't gotten your coffee yet." Fred said. I looked at it greedily and took a sip of coffee. Mmm, it was so warm and it instantly made me awake. 

"Well, look who finally came down." Albus joked as James sat down. A bunch of surrounding Muggle girls pointed at him and sighed admirably. I wasn't jealous or anything, it's just weird seeing different people coo over your best friend. 

"So, what's the plan?" James asked, taking a bite of his pancakes. I bit into my bacon and ate all of it. It was soo good. 

"The book said that Falls Church, Virginia is where Gryffindor's real sword is at. I don't know what they mean by real, but I guess it's not fake?" Fred questioned. I nodded in agreement. 

"What they meant was that James and Albus' dad pulled out the sword of Gryffindor out of the sorting hat when he was... 12? I think... anyways, when that was put in the hands of the Ministry, there was a security breach, but no one knew what it was, because there were no footprints or DNA, nothing. It was a mystery, but no one was able to solve it." I dramatically said. 

"Well, that was a dramatic story. Let's finish up breakfast and head over to the location, yes?" Albus suggested. We all nodded and dug into our food. We all finished after 30 minutes and we checked out of our room and headed towards a school. It was a public middle school in Falls Church. Wait... I've been here before. I used to go here, but I skipped around. 

"Guys... I've been here before. We need to sneak into the building, but we can't exactly go through the front door. I have a spell to make us invisible, but only we can see each other. Ready?" I asked, pulling out my wand. They nodded and I chanted the spell. I saw that my hands were still there and the people around us, ignored us. Good, we were invisible. 

We waited till someone walked in and when they did, we walked in with them. I let out a breath that I was holding once we got inside. I noticed that James' forearm had the mark of Gryffindor on it, because he was wearing a short sleeved t-shirt. 

"Guys, James is Gryffindor's chosen." Albus said. 

"Yeah, no shit sherlock. It was obvious." Fred said. I nodded and we followed James up the stairs. He went towards a locker and I gasped looking at it. That was my old locker from when I was there. He turned towards me like a robot and pointed at it. I nodded and put in the combonation that I remembered when I was here. 

27-37-49

He pulled it open and there it was, propped up sitting there, Gryffindor's sword. When I was about to grab the sword, a fire burst out and James snapped out of his daze. He pulled me out from the locker and quickly shut it. I held the sword and James held my burning hand with care. 

"Are you ok? Here, I have some gauze and some treatments..." James said, searching through my bag. Idiot. 

"Are you stupid?! Unless you've taken a medical degree, and you are a Muggle, then what is the point of a wand?" Fred ranted. 

"Oh... yeah. I knew that." James said. Fred pinched the bridge of his nose and pulled out his wand, muttering the spell. I instantly didn't feel any heat from the fire, and my skin turned its normal color. 

"Well, 3 found, one left to go!" Albus said. Before we could Floo out of there, I heard a squeak from behind us. We all slowly turned around and there was a boy with curly brown hair and his friend with short hair. One of them was Hispanic and the other American. 

"John... are you seeing what I'm seeing?" the Hispanic kid said. He looked kinda... cute?

"Alex... uhm, should we run?" John asked. He was kinda cute as well. If I wasn't involved in this crazy shit life, I would date one of them. 

"RUN!" Alex said, dragging John with him. I was kind of curious on how they could see us, considering we had an invisibility spell. But the power of Gryffindor might've undone that. Oh fuck. 

"I'll get them. Be back in a snap." (A/N, anyone know which PBS show that's from??) I said. I ran towards the direction of the boys and tackled them. I put a spell on the three of us and made us invisible. 

"Stay away from us! We'll give you anything! Please don't kill me!" John said, begging on his knees. 

"Chill man, don't you remember me? Jazlyn Pintar?" I asked.  

"Ohhh, I remember you. You were the girl that skipped grades? Yeah, John here, had a crush on you." Alex said, nudging John. 

"Hey! You did too!" John said in his defense. 

"Guys! Chill, I don't care if you liked me or not, but that was my past life, what I need to focus on is my normal life. So, OBLIVIATE!" I said, chanting the spell. They forgot that they ever saw us and I left, undoing the spell. We quickly flooed away to Shanghai, China. Where Ravenclaw's diadem laid.