Chapter 3

Richie woke up in his bed, dry tears on his face. He swung his legs over the bed grab his big bulky glasses, and got up. He go's to the mirror and sees a small faded bruise on his cheek. It's not very noticeable with his glasses on, but it still could be seen.

He sighs. Richie digs through a draw and finds the face foundation. He always has one on hand for when he goes to school or hangs out with friends. It's hard keeping this secret about his family. He knows he should tell someone but if they go to jail and loose custody of Richie, he would have to be sent away to a foster home and then never see his friends again.

He puts on clean clothes and does his hair. He goes to the bathroom and brushes his teeth. He walks downstairs to smell the scent of alcohol, dirty feet, and sweat.
He sees his dad passed out on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand. The living room is a mess. He definitely didn't clean up after the party. So Richie started to clean the whole house.

He then saw my his mom walk through the front door. She looked drunk. Of course, no one is ever sober in this house.

"Richie, what are you doing with cleaning gloves on." She slurred out.

"Oh nothing mom, just cleaning up." Richie takes her bags and place them down. "Come on mom, let's get you to bed."

"But it's only morning, dear."

"I know, but you haven't gotten any sleep." Richie walked her carefully upstairs to her bed. When she hit the bed, she instantly passed out. He pulled her shoes off and put a blanket over her. Richie turns off the lights off, and shuts the door.

Richie loves his mom. Yes she is an alcoholic, but She's real sweet. She's not the best mom, but she's Richies everything. He walks downstairs to the front door and walks out. Richie grabs his bike and start to ride it to Bens.

...

Knock knock knock

"One second!" A boy yells from inside the house. Richie knocks louder on the door. "Can you fricken-" then boy opens the door.

"Oh hi Rich."

"Hey Benny boo." Richie says making a heart with my hands.

"Get in side trashmouth, the others are in the living room." Richie walks in to see everyone together, but one.

"Ayeeeee, what's up losers!" He puts out his arms.

"Hi trashmouth." Everyone says in unison. Richie takes a seat on the floor next to Mike. Richie looks around and realize Eddies not here.

"Hey, where's Eddie?" He asks

"I don't know. He's always on time." Stanley says.

"Ye-yeah, he-he's always here b-before Rich." Bill stutters. When Bill was younger he got hit by a car when playing in the street. That's how he got his stutter.

"Rich, you said you called him, right?" Mike asked.

"Mikey man, of course I did." Richie said patting Mikes head.

"Get your clammy hands off me!"

"Oh is mike afraid that I'll mess up his hair." Richie messes his hair.
Mike pretends to be upset.

"What do you got to say to your mother, Richie?" Beverly put her hands on her hips, teasing.

"Sorry mommy, it won't happen again." Richie says making puppy eyes to Mike.

"It's alright son." Mike wrapped a arm around Richies neck. They all laughed. They took out a few board games to play.

An hour passed by and Eddie still hasn't showed up.

"Haha, Stanley's in j-jail!" Bill laughed.

"Oh shut it and roll the dice, it's your turn." Stanley rolled his eyes. Bill took the dice and rolled.

"Ayeeee an 7, you know that's a lucky number." Ben pointed out.

"How is it a lucky number?" Beverly asked

"It's a lucky number in Ancient Greece, and many other ancient civilizations, lik-" there's a knock on the front door. "I'll get it." Ben stood up and opened the door. A short brunette, with red shorts, a yellow shirt, and a black Fanny pack walks in.

"Hi guys." The boy waves at the losers.

"Eds, your here!" Richie gets up.

"Richie, I told you not to call me that." Eddie crossed his arms.

"You know you like it." He smirked. Eddie rolls his eyes and sits on the floor next to Richie.

"So Eddie, why are you late?" Stanley ask. Beverly nudged him.

"Oh yeah, sorry, I was out with my new friends." Eddie says. Waiting for a response.

"Oh that sounds so much fun. I'm glad your making friends. We're all happy for you." Beverly said. Richie doesn't want Eddie to make more friends. "Tell us about them, Eddie." She smiles softly.

"Well I have two of them, named Oliver and Sammy. They both come from a town over. Oliver..."

Richie stoped listening. He zoned out into his own thoughts. Eddie seems so happy. He never seen him so happy when talking about anyone. Richies hands start to sweat. He stares into Eddie's beautiful brown eyes. Yes, He loves this boy. He had a crush on him since that day in the Well house.

Seeing him getting hurt, torn Richie. Richie looked down to Eddies red glossy lips. He wonders how would it feel like if his lips were pressed against his. Richie blushed a little just of the thought of kissing him. Richie gets butterflies in his stomach.

"...Oliver and Sammy are one of the best people I ever meet. Well you guys will always be first." Eddie finished.

"They sound great. I would love to meet them." Mike said softly. Mike is that type of guy you just want to give cookies and a hug as an award for being the kindest, awesomest dude on this earth.

"W-why don't we w-watch t-the goonies?" Bill says.

"Yeah, sounds like a great idea!" Ben gets up and puts in the VHS. The movie starts to play.

...

Richie gets up to go to the bathroom mid movie. He closes the bathroom door and turns on the water. He slashes his face with water a few times.

"Come on trashmouth. Man up. So what if he has other friends. Doesn't mean he'll forget about you." He talks to himself. He looks In the mirror and sees the makeup coming off.
"Shit." I mumble under his breath, searching for some of Bens, moms makeup. "Come on, there has to be something in here." He hears a knock at the bathroom door. "I'm peeing!" He says quickly.

"Oh, we were just getting worried. You've been in there for awhile." A squeaky voice spoke from the other side of the door.

"I'm fine. Thank you fine good sir Edward." Richie says in a funny accident.

"Ok, ima go back then." Eddie said and walked away. He sighed in relief and dug through one last draw and saw the makeup.
...
He walked out of the bathroom and sat back down to finish the movie.

Stupid non water proof makeup...