Punz x reader {Angst}

⚠️Mentions of Character Death⚠️

Future you?🎤

Y/N Dies in battle with Dream.
======================
Punz POV:

"1..."
The countdown started as Dream and Y/N took paces away from each other. Wilbur counting with the authority of a prison guard.

"2..."
My heart quickened as I watched from behind the barrier and saw Y/N look towards me.

"3..."
They smiled sadly. They knew that there was a chance - even if it was small - that they would make it out alive and looked longingly into my eyes.

"4..."
They began fiddling with the wedding ring on their finger that matched mine perfectly.

"5..."
We had gotten married on the beach surrounded by our friends. Dream among at them.

"6..." They readied an arrow on their bow and pulled the string tight.

"7..."
Aiming at the ground. A determined look on their face.

"8..."
Their expression changed rapidly. As if she were fighting themselves on their choices.

"9..."
Dream began to disapprove of our marriage after we began terrorising the server and burning down ancient monuments and statues.

"10!"
My heart dropped as they turned slowly. Aiming their arrow to the sky. Dream lifting his bow to their chest. They let go of the arrow and it flew into the sky.

"WAIT!" I yelled.

But it was too late.

As if it were in slow motion, I saw Dream let go of his arrow and sent it straight into Y/N's chest. Piercing their diamond armour with ease. Shattering it in the process. They fell backward. The rest of their armour shattering as well as they fell backward with a sad smile on their face again. Their eyes closed as if experiencing bliss. They hit the ground and it was is if the slow motion had stopped. I hopped over the barrier and ran to Y/N's side. The arrow sticking out of their chest right where their heart is. They laid on a bed of shattered diamond. Their hair laid underneath them as their eyes opened slowly. Their sad smile still on their face.

"P-Punz..." they managed to croak out, "I love you. You know t-that ... right?" I nodded as tears ran down my face as I saw them slowly lose breath. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Dream run away into the forest.

"I know darling." I smiled back at them, "please stay with me."

They coughed. "You... know I c-can't do that." That made me cry more.

"Please. Hold on. I still need you here!" I began to yell as people gathered around us.

"I'll see you in another life my love. Say hi to m-my..." they coughed again this time it sounded course and low, "ghost for me okay?"

"No." I said, "no you're gonna make it."

They shook their head slowly and let out a breathy laugh. "I'm sure they'll love you just as much as I do now." They looked at me reaching a hand up and punching my face, "make me ... proud... okay?" I nodded as they smiled again. Their eyes closed and their head rolled back as their hand went limp from in my face.

"No." I said under my breath.

"No no no no no no no no no no no!" I began yelling again and hugging their limp body as I heard their last heartbeat and their chest went silent. I began to sob and others began to try to console me and pull me away from them.

————————————————

I stood over their coffin. Tears running down my face once again. The golden details forged by Foolish made the funeral look like it was fit for a royal.

So perfect for Y/N.

"They were the love of my life." I said breaking the silence, "I remember our late night walks on the prime path. Dancing in the rain and under the moonlight as the music from Las Navadas boomed from the casinos. They made me feel complete. As if I were on top of the world when I was with them." I began to let the tears fall from my eyes and I saw her sister - Niki - begin to cry into Fundy's shoulder.

"They were loved by many." I started again as my tears slowed down, "Not just my me. But their family," I gestured to Niki, "their emotionally adopted children," I gestured to Ranboo, Tommy and Tubbo, "their country." I looked at the place where L'Manburg stands.

"We were talking once about what we wanted to happen when we died. I said I wanted a Viking funeral." I laughed slightly at the past, "but they were simple. They wanted a classic funeral surrounded by their friends and family. Right next to the place they devoted their life to. And that place... is here." I finished and finally let the rest of my tears fall out as Karl placed a caring hand on my shoulder.

"They'll come back man." He said as I looked at him with blurry vision due to my tears. "Maybe not in the way we all want. But it the way we all need." He looked at their coffin sadly, "even in spirit form, they'll bring the same happiness as hey did in physical form."

"We may never hold them the same way again. Or feel the warmth of their long hugs after seeing each other. But no matter what. We will always love them the same." Niki walked up to me and hugged me.

"As her sister," she started, "I was their through all of her ups and downs. And the one thing that they would do at their lowest, is stare at a picture of all of us. We were their happiness. And we should never forget that."

————————————————
I never forgot what Y/N said to me that day.

"I'm sure my ghost will love you just as much as I do now."

And not will I ever forget the image burned into my skull of them laying peacefully on that bed of shattered diamond armour.

And I now wait patiently for the day I get to see the love of my life again.

But that day...

Is eons away.