¸.·✩·.¸¸.·¯⍣✩ 5. 𝘤𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 ✩⍣¯·.¸¸.·✩·.¸

it's hard to understand

but the touch of your hand

can start me crying

roy orbison

✩⍣¯·.¸¸.·✩·.¸

october 3, 1959

it was two o' clock in the morning by the time the boys had arrived at paul's house.

it had taken them longer than anticipated, as they took several pit stops to allow elaine to vomit and to grill her on if she was going to need to go to the hospital. it seemed as if her condition had slightly improved, as she was finally squeaking out words to them and nodding her head.

she still felt confused and awful, unaware of where she even was or even who she was with.

george left shortly after dropping elaine off, knowing he was going to be in trouble for how late he got home. it was worth it to him, knowing that elaine was going to be safe with paul.

paul on the other hand, was on nurse duty for the night. he walked elaine into his bedroom and placed her on his bed. he grabbed her a bucket in case she had to vomit again, placing it next to the bed with a glass of water and some toast.

"you probably won't remember this, but i'm sorry elaine," paul began, somberly. "i feel like this is my fault, buying you that drink and all." he gently stroked her hair and watched her chest slowly rise and fall. despite all that she had been through that night, he had to admit she still looked stunning.

he sighed. if he hadn't been acting flirty in front of that perverted bartender, she wouldn't be going through this. he wouldn't have lost a popular gig for the band, and he wouldn't be mad at john. feeling defeated, his eyes welled up. a tear slid down his face as the events from the night began to overwhelm him.

he felt her stir on the bed. she gently grabbed his hand.

"thank you, paul. goodnight."

⨳⨳⨳

the next morning, elaine slowly woke up as the warm sun shined directly through the window on her. she groaned as she realized her head ached and limbs felt sore from the night before. she yawned, stretching her stiff body.

as she opened her tired eyes, it quickly registered with her that she was not in her room.

panicked, she jumped up off of the bed.

"ah, fuck is that!" screamed a male voice as she landed on his shoulder. there was a boy curled up in a blanket on the wood floor next to her.

"oh my goodness..." began elaine "who are yo-- where am i?" she rambled, backing back onto the bed.

the boy slowly stood up, clutching his shoulder in pain. "a simple good mornin' would be nice ya'know" he chimed, chuckling gently.

elaine's heart stopped momentarily as she heard the voice-- it couldn't be, she thought to herself.

the boy turned around, wearing nothing but a pair of boxers.

she was right.

it was mccartney.

what the hell had happened last night?

he sat on the bed next to her. "you're probably a bit confused..." he began, shyly running his hand through his messy morning hair. "i didn't think you'd be up this early, i'm sorry about uh-- the lack of pants-"

"a bit confused?" she interrupted.

"listen, it's not what it looks like--" he started, grabbing her arm to stop her from getting up from the bed again.