the girl in the dress?

ok first off, creds to ilovegreysanatomy129 for giving me this wonderful idea!!

In the 2 hours that Derek randomly came home from DC, there were many things that Meredith had learned. Number 1, Derek had an affair with his lab assistant. Number 2, that not only during their affair, he didn't have any condoms on him and he didn't know if she took any form of birth control. Apparently this whole affair had been going on for the past month and a half. So while Derek was talking to his wife and children, his two perfect wonderful children that he absolutely adored, he was having that woman.. No mistress in his bed hiding with the sheet in the corner so he can talk to his Seattle Family.

Hurt could not even describe Meredith after hearing the words "Meredith I had an affair while in DC and it inly took me now to realize that It's you I only want." She couldn't even look him in the eyes after that. Her smile dropped. She was over the moon to see her husband come home, but also had that gut feeling that he was kissing, having sex with another woman. All she could think about was how this is what happened to Derek with his marriage with Addison.

His marriage got hard, he got a new job in a different state, moved across the country, met a woman, and had an affair. And in both times, he failed to mention he had a wife. This time a wife and kids.

Disgusted was all she felt being in the same room as the person who has been cheating on her. Now the idea of this mistress being pregnant broke her. Destroyed her in fact. When she found that bit of information out, she wanted to scream, kick him out of the house, throw his clothes down the cliff right beside their house. But instead, she simply packed herself a bag and silently left the house. Told Derek to spend the day with the kids because they missed their father. That was the last thing she said to her lying cheating husband before she left for a hotel.

...

The next morning, Derek woke up to Meredith not in the bed, but remembered about everything that happened last night. The way Meredith handled the news of Derek cheating on her impressed him. Unlike his reaction with Addison cheating on him with Mark. Simply she left in silence. That's what hurt him. The way she just left, but he would've done the same if the roles were reversed. It's the silence that hurts the most.

When he went to wake up Zola and Bailey, they both had big smiles on their faces when they saw Derek was there.

"Daddyyy!!" Zola said excitedly, giving her father a hug which only made Derek feel even more guilty about what happened in DC.

"Heyy Zo-Zo." Derek smiled. "And hello to you Bails." Derek cooed to the 1 year old.

As Derek was cooking breakfast, he heard all about Zola's daycare stories and how she got married to someone named Marco.

"Well if this Marco hurts you, I'll have to hurt him. No one hurts my princess." Derek said.

"Daddy we are married and today we go to Disney World!" Zola said excitedly.

"Well I hope you and your husband have fun in Disney."

"We will." Zola nodded as Derek gave her a pancake and Bailey some Cheerios.

While cleaning up, Derek got the dreaded question he had been avoiding all morning. "Daddy, where Mommy?" Zola asked innocently.

"Mmamam." Bailey called out.

"Mommy been paged into the hospital and Daddy was already home when she had to go so it's okay." Derek lied.

"Oh.. Okay." Zola shrugged going back to her pancakes.

The rest of the morning went smoothly and still no call or message from Meredith. Derek knew Meredith needs time to process all of this but he just wanted to know that she was okay. Just show some sort of sign of life.

Dropping the kids off at daycare was easy and went in without a problem. Derek was hoping to run into Meredith but felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. When he saw who was calling he was beyond mad.

"What do you want?" Derek hissed into the phone.

"Well seeing as we had an affair and for me to learn your married only last night, I just found out I'm pregnant." Renee greeted into the phone.

"Your joking right?" Derek laughed.

"Nope. So what do we do now?"

"I need to talk to my wife." Derek said before ending the call.

"What do you need to talk to your wife about?" Meredith snapped as she saw Derek.

"I-I." He stuttered.

"Save it. You were talking to your mistress I'm guessing?"

"Meredith."

"Don't Meredith me. You cheated. You had an affair because your marriage got hard so you left us to work for the president or whatever the actual fuck you did. But not only did you be Mr. Big hotshot surgeon, you cheated on not only me but your two kids. Your two amazing children. So yeah don't you dare say my name like you care." Meredith screamed at him in the middle of the hospital not caring who was watching. "So please expect papers in your office by the end of the week. And please make it easy for all those involved and sign the damn papers and we can come up with an ideal way of seeing the kids."

Derek never saw his wife be this angry at him. And she basically confirmed that she wanted to get a divorce. A divorce. This would be his second divorce. When Derek saw Meredith storm off after basically screaming at him, all he wanted to was to run up to her and see if she was okay but if he did that now, he would only make her more angry. He spent the entire day, hiding out in his office doing paper work so he wouldn't have to deal with nurses talking about what had happened between Meredith and Derek.

The knowing fact that he was going to get a divorce from the love of his life; his second chance at love after Addison broke him. To make it easier on both parties, Derek wasn't going to fight for the most stupidest crap. To try and make any of this mess better, he wanted to give her everything. The land, the house, any and everything they shared was going to go to her.

The only other problem was how to share time with the kids.

...

Over the past 2 weeks, Meredith and Derek only met when in a lawyer's office with each of their lawyer's present. At each meeting, Derek gave everything to Meredith. The only thing she refused to take was the land. That as Derek's when he first moved here. She has her mother's house and that was enough. Derek wanted to try and give it to her but it would only lead to dragging this out longer than what she wanted it to be. Other than that, the divorce was fairly simple and easy. Papers were signed and Meredith and Derek went to mediation to figure out how each get to see the kids equally.

Since Derek was moving back to DC to help Renee and the baby, Meredith was going to be the primary guardian. The kids would visit Derek during holidays and or whenever they wanted since both wanted Christmas, they would alternate who gets the kids for the holiday.

Derek hated seeing his ex-wife like that. She just always looked sad and that was his fault. AS much as he wanted to help, he would only make it worst, so he just avoided her as she did the same to him but was only hurt and pain.

...

Following the divorce, Derek handed in his resignation letter to Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital and left Seattle. As he was walking out, a flood of memories of him and Meredith there came to him and he realized how much he fucked up and threw out his marriage. All he hoped for Meredith is to get everything she deserves and more.

Even though they weren't married anymore, he will forever and always love Meredith.

this ones a sad one but idk what do you guys think. @ilovegreysanatomy129  had given me this wonderful idea and you should go follow bestie!! if you have any ideas please comment them.